Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United Mileage Plus Visa: 21,000 miles + Bose QC2 Headphones Sign-up Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Visa: 21,000 miles + Bose QC2 Headphones Sign-up Bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 9:28 pm

Wow, the 50,000 bonus miles sounds like a great deal. I don't imagine that I'll get an offer for it since I'm already an existing cardmember (Platinum, with a $140 annual fee), which I'm very likely to cancel after this year.

The 50K bonus miles sounds like a good deal.
the $25 Travel Certificate is a bit of an inconvenience - you can't redeem it online (i have yet to use it and I'll see if I can use it before it expires)

- the one way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate wasn't useful as all.

------------
Originally Posted by abelman
I just received an offer in the mail for the Mileage Plus Visa Card (with a unique looking invitation number and offer code):

50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
one $25 Travel Certificate
one one-way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate
$60 annual fee

I get United offers in the mail all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a card offer with this many bonus miles.

The only problem is that I had one of these cards a couple of years ago, and the fine print says that the "offer is valid only for first-time United Mileage Plus Visa cardmembers with new accounts".

Does anyone have any experience of applying for these bonus offers when you previously had a card/account? Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?
Old May 2, 2008, 6:21 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Wow, the 50,000 bonus miles sounds like a great deal. I don't imagine that I'll get an offer for it since I'm already an existing cardmember (Platinum, with a $140 annual fee), which I'm very likely to cancel after this year.

The 50K bonus miles sounds like a good deal.
the $25 Travel Certificate is a bit of an inconvenience - you can't redeem it online (i have yet to use it and I'll see if I can use it before it expires)

- the one way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate wasn't useful as all.
Well, it will work for an upgrade on a 0-1000 (1050?) mile flight, provided of course there is availability. It was able to do a 2400+ transcon using a combination of a 1,000 one class upgrade cert and 3 of my 500-milers.
Old May 2, 2008, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Are we talking about a certain number of month in the past, or ever?
From reading around the forums, my impression has been that it is "ever." You can only get the bonus once per lifetime.

I have not applied for this promotion myself though, so I don't have first hand experience.
Old May 8, 2008, 2:57 pm

Was there any code or other info?

Originally Posted by PDX Duck
Sorry about the delay getting a response out. Yes, it was a paper offer received in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.