Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Premier credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Disney Premier credit card

Does anyone have any insight or issues with the Disney Premier Visa Card? Looks good to me and we will take our family to DisneyLand in about two years so I am sure I can make it profitable. Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by lilmama48
Does anyone have any insight or issues with the Disney Premier Visa Card? Looks good to me and we will take our family to DisneyLand in about two years so I am sure I can make it profitable. Thanks.
What about it looks good to you? By US standards the only thing that looks good about it is the design of the card itself. It isn't a good offer, you can do so much better.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Looks good to me and we will take our family to DisneyLand in about two years so I am sure I can make it profitable. Thanks.
Not going to happen.

I won't doubt this card has some good perks for Disneyland. But if you attempt to earn enough reward dollar to pay for the trip (the tickets at the minimum), it will be difficult.

In fact, it may be more realistic to get Citi Double Cash now for the 2% cash back and get this Disney card before going to the Disneyland.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA

I recently opened it up because I received a targeted offer for a $200 giftcard after spending $500. I believe this card is not under the 5/24 so I was easily approved. Only thing worthwhile in my opinion is the $200 signup giftcard and the character meet and greet (only for the chase visa holders), and the free picture download taken at meet and greet.

I dont use it regularly because the Disney dream rewards add up pretty slowly...You get $1 after spending $100.

According to the website, regular disney visa offers $50 (no annual fee) and the premier visa offers $200 that has the $49 annual fee. I was targetted for the regular visa with a bonus of $200....so that was also a plus for me to save on the annual fee.

Last edited by EmailKid; Jun 21, 2017 at 10:24 am Reason: ALL referrals go to referral thread
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by express3
I dont use it regularly because the Disney dream rewards add up pretty slowly...You get $1 after spending $100.
In other words, it's a 1% card like many other retailer credit cards.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by AllieKat
What about it looks good to you? By US standards the only thing that looks good about it is the design of the card itself. It isn't a good offer, you can do so much better.
It's good for those who want to finance a Disney vacation every year or two, or buy Disney merchandise. When you purchase a Disney vacation, you can finance it at 0% for six months if you use that card.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:38 am

Knowing we would be taking another family trip to Disney, I looked at the Disney credit card. But I have a Chase checking account so got the Disney debit card, free. It has many of the same perks as the credit card, such as free meet and greet photo and discounts on purchases in parks and at stores.

But to help pay for the upcoming Disney family vacation, I bought gift cards using my Freedom cards for 5X at Sam's Club last year. (Note that Disney cards could have been purchased for 5x at groceries this quarter, if I had needed more.) I earned 5x from the Freedom, and Sam's discounts the gift cards somewhat. We used points from Southwest card sign up bonus for the flights.

YMMV but this strategy yielded more savings for us than if I had gotten the Disney credit card itself. (BTW the Sam's Club membership was obtained via an Am EX offer on one of my cards that offset cost of membership. Discover Card and Groupon also often have offers.)

Last edited by travelpye; Jun 22, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by travelpye
Knowing we would be taking another family trip to Disney, I looked at the Disney credit card. But I have a Chase checking account so got the Disney debit card, free. It has many of the same perks as the credit card, such as free meet and greet photo and discounts on purchases in parks and at stores.

But to help pay for the upcoming Disney family vacation, I bought gift cards using my Freedom cards for 5X at Sam's Club last year. (Note that Disney cards could have been purchased for 5x at groceries this quarter, if I had needed more.) I earned 5x from the Freedom, and Sam's discounts the gift cards somewhat. We used points from Southwest card sign up bonus for the flights.

YMMV but this strategy yielded more savings for us than if I had gotten the Disney credit card itself. (BTW the Sam's Club membership was obtained via an Am EX offer on one of my cards that offset cost of membership. Discover Card and Groupon also often have offers.)
Every card is not meant for the flyertalk mentality. It's good for the average person if they want to finance a Disney vacation at 0% for six months. Not everyone is a rewards chaser.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:51 am

If you're a Disney fan and want the 0% financing and some of the Disney perks, get the no-fee card. For any sort of spending, there are much better cards out there (even for spend at Disney). I've had the no-fee card for years but it says in a drawer unless I'm going to Disney or a Disney store.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

There are referrral links to a get $200 Disney gift card after $500 spend on the no-fee card (my wife just did this), which is significantly better than the standard $50 statement credit.

If you're into Disney and the character meet and greets, than it might be worth signing up for the bonus and then putting it into a sock drawer. I'll admit that they seem more generous with time at the Disney Chase character meet and greets than the regular meet and greet lines.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
My daughter has the Disney card. She transferred her points into a Disney gift card earlier this year in anticipation of a WDW vacation. She just cancelled the vacation due to Irma. She is due a huge credit back on the card. She is wondering about the gift card she has now. Some (but not all ) of the points used for the card should be clawed back. Anyone know how this works?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:28 am

If you have a credit card that gives bonus points to Travel, you can buy Disney World or Universal Studio Florida tickets on Undercovertourist and get the bonus points. Buying the tickets directly from the park website or at the gate do not count toward travel.

But Undercovertoursit does not sell Disneyland tickets though.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Need
If you have a credit card that gives bonus points to Travel, you can buy Disney World or Universal Studio Florida tickets on Undercovertourist and get the bonus points. Buying the tickets directly from the park website or at the gate do not count toward travel.

But Undercovertoursit does not sell Disneyland tickets though.
Are you responding to my question concerning my daughter's Disney gift card? If so, what you are saying has nothing to do with my question.

Can someone help me with the question above this?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dougef
... transferred her points into a Disney gift card earlier this year in anticipation of a WDW vacation. She just cancelled the vacation due to Irma. She is due a huge credit back on the card. ...
To be sure we understand correctly, she paid for the trip with the credit card, redeemed points for a gift card that she has not yet used, and will receive a refund on the credit card? This will likely give her a credit balance on the credit card, and a negative points balance. Is she intending to spend down the credit balance by using the credit card, or to request a refund by check?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
To be sure we understand correctly, she paid for the trip with the credit card, redeemed points for a gift card that she has not yet used, and will receive a refund on the credit card? This will likely give her a credit balance on the credit card, and a negative points balance. Is she intending to spend down the credit balance by using the credit card, or to request a refund by check?
She would spend down much of the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.