Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Calls to customer service routed to JP Morgan Chase Executive Line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

I don't remember seeing this before on this board but wondered if this happens to anyone else.

Within the past 2 months everytime I call chase from any of the cards I have with Chase I always get someone from the JP Morgan Chase Executive Line. Doesn't matter if its Biz or personal, they can work on both. These are back of the card numbers.

They always pick up on the first ring, sound very cheerful and are very helpful. The weird part is I have no idea what I've done to deserve such service. I don't have a checking with them currently, I'm not particularly rich, and I spend a meh amount to my cards.

I mean I like it, and perhaps they might be helpful in some more extreme situations in the future, but I'm way to chicken to outright ask why i get this special line. I mean heck they can see my stated income and accts right on their screen. Lol

Anyone have similar experience or is this just something they started doing with everyone?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by HGHUA
...everytime I call chase from any of the cards I have...
I might be helpful if you mentioned the cards that you hold.

I can go a decade without speaking with a card issuer. What is there to discuss?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia

I can go a decade without speaking with a card issuer. What is there to discuss?
Ehh, plus, freedom, ihg, hyatt right now.

I mean I guess if everyting goes right yeah don't need to call. But the times things go wrong you're glad they don't have a Uber-like philosophy of customer service. (Email only, copy paste responses, outsourced.)
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The same thing happens to me. I believe it is because at one time (about five to six years ago) I had the JPMorgan Select card for about a year... that's when the calls started getting routed there and it's continued even though I closed the Select card several years ago.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Ehh, plus, freedom, ihg, hyatt right now.

I mean I guess if everyting goes right yeah don't need to call. But the times things go wrong you're glad they don't have a Uber-like philosophy of customer service. (Email only, copy paste responses, outsourced.)
How can I get myself on this list?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I don't remember seeing this before on this board but wondered if this happens to anyone else.

Within the past 2 months everytime I call chase from any of the cards I have with Chase I always get someone from the JP Morgan Chase Executive Line. Doesn't matter if its Biz or personal, they can work on both. These are back of the card numbers.

They always pick up on the first ring, sound very cheerful and are very helpful. The weird part is I have no idea what I've done to deserve such service. I don't have a checking with them currently, I'm not particularly rich, and I spend a meh amount to my cards.

I mean I like it, and perhaps they might be helpful in some more extreme situations in the future, but I'm way to chicken to outright ask why i get this special line. I mean heck they can see my stated income and accts right on their screen. Lol

Anyone have similar experience or is this just something they started doing with everyone?
The Ritz card gets all mine routed there. I did have to wait on hold about 90 seconds for an agent once a year and a half ago.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mia

Add AU's; remove AU's; move credit lines; close cards, issue plastic versions of cards; replace card that I tried to use as a knife, but used the wrong edge and destroyed magnetic strip; transfer to concierge to make a restaurant reservation...

I agree that I do not value it much for the reason you point out. It is easy to do some of this via SM without a wait as well. But, if thye pick up right away anyway . . .
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by highops
The Ritz card gets all mine routed there. I did have to wait on hold about 90 seconds for an agent once a year and a half ago.
I just got the ritz. Will my calls to the number on the back of the csr get automatically routed there as well?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
I just got the ritz. Will my calls to the number on the back of the csr get automatically routed there as well?
If you call from the phone associated with the account they should.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:03 pm

This has happened to me as well for the past 6 or so calls with my CSR/CSP cards. They even pick up on the first ring. I am not going to complain about it though and hope it continues. LOL
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:28 pm

Me as well: Freedom/CSP/CSR/Ink+/Ink Pref
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:04 pm

I thought all calls answered by Executive line, as mine have been ever since Ritz card. The thing is this line used to be really helpful, but nowadays is just a very average. That`s why I thought Chase CS renamed itself JPM Executive line, as there is no difference with standard CS.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Did a quick google search and this post in my myfico forum popped up

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cred...O/td-p/2509667

Wonder what peoples' thoughts are?
Old May 18, 2017, 1:33 pm

This has been happening to me too, presumably since the CSR. Are all CSR cardholders routed there now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.