Wiki Posts
Search

Managing spouse's card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Managing spouse's card

Hi there,

I have CSR, and my spouse is an authorized user. He just got it as well and added me as an AU in turn. Is it possible to manage his account on my own chase landing page, transfer points in between the two, etc?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by girlonavespa
Hi there,

I have CSR, and my spouse is an authorized user. He just got it as well and added me as an AU in turn. Is it possible to manage his account on my own chase landing page, transfer points in between the two, etc?
Why are you paying $75 (x2) to be AUs on each other's CSR? You can combine UR points with spouse without being on the same login.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:13 am

Agree ^^

Youre wasting $150
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
Why are you paying $75 (x2) to be AUs on each other's CSR? You can combine UR points with spouse without being on the same login.
I think thinking that OP does not know they charges $75 for each AU on the CSR. I was going to just get the AU for my spouse until I found out about the $75 fee for AU. So I got my wife her own CSR. There is no problem on transferring UR points between our 2 accounts. The transferred points show up right the way.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:08 pm

Agree with all replies that there is nothing gained, and some lost, by being AU's on each others' CSR account.

But, to answer OP's question; yes you can transfer points between spouse's Ultimate Rewards accounts but no you cannot manage the account where you are only the AU through your Chase account. The card will only be visible through the online account of the primary cardholder.

Other cards are not like that, such as Amex, who issues different card numbers for AU's and the AU can then manage their account separately under their Amex online login. Chase AU cards have the same account number so this is not possible.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:16 am
Original Poster

So we can both carry a card to meet minimum spend, I guess? I don't know, honestly didn't even think it through because initially I was the only one who was going to get a CSR. So he got one as well, to use for when traveling etc, and help meet minimum spend quickly. Then before the 100k bonus expired he decided to pull the trigger and get one as well and so sort of mindlessly we added me as well with the thought that I could carry it to meet minimum spend on his account, also. The truth is meeting minimum spend is very easy for us so I don't really know ... we were thinking.

Anyway, that was not the point. Thanks very much for the answer I eventually got. :-)
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
success

Asked and answered so I'll close the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.