FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1822133-ultimate-rewards-airline-hotel-transfer-partners-rules-timelines-2017-a.html)

jm89 Dec 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)

My transfer of 16,000 UR points finally posted on my Southwest account, 71 hours later. Wonder how long it's taking for everyone else? Certainly a far cry from the "instantaneous" promise that Chase's marketing makes. Definitely devalues UR if I don't know I'll be able to snag a good fare using them.

eajusa Dec 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by atltravel2 (Post 27677532)
Calling seems useless. Southwest told me there is nothing they could do, and it could take up to 6-8 weeks. Chase told me it's a known issue lately with a number of partners, and they expect it would take up to 7 business days to resolve.

Calling Chase about anything lately is a waste of time.

atltravel2 Dec 31, 2016 12:11 pm

My transfer also posted this morning, also about 3 days.

CodeAdam10 Jan 2, 2017 9:57 am

This is unbelievable. I just transferred 75K UR into Hyatt to book a last-minute stay and the points haven't shown up. This doesn't look good ... and it's going to kill my plans. I don't know what to do ...

rarerules Jan 2, 2017 10:43 am

Points showed up this morning. Phew

CodeAdam10 Jan 2, 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 (Post 27692475)
This is unbelievable. I just transferred 75K UR into Hyatt to book a last-minute stay and the points haven't shown up. This doesn't look good ... and it's going to kill my plans. I don't know what to do ...

Really disappointed today! Chase is unwilling to assist (as usual) and I actually needed the Hyatt points to book a stay starting tonight.

Terrible excuse ... "overwhelming demand due to the holiday rush"

Terrible.

MagicAngel Jan 2, 2017 1:10 pm

Booking flight to india using miles. which airlines? probably lower mile usage.

I am looking to book a oneway tkt to a yoga retreat in india (i plan to travel to other countries after the retreat is over so this is just one way tkt to India )

I have almost 105k UR miles.
And another 35k miles with my chase sapphire.

what is the lowest number of miles to use for EWR / JFK to maa on Jan 17 or Jan 18 or Jan 19 ?

which airlines will give the best use of the miles for this one way?

I apologize is this has been already answered. I am looking for a fresh look on the lowest miles to use.

I have done some research and have read several threads and wikis.
- the chase UR portal consumes lot of miles ... so i am ruling that option out.
- the best way is to transfer to partner sites
---- which is the best partner site to transfer to for this scenario?

Kuwait Airways and Emirates have some cheap tickets from consolidated/aggregated deal sites for these dates.

having said that, which partner site is the best?

mia Jan 2, 2017 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by MagicAngel (Post 27693437)

How many points? The number of UR points is directly related to the price of the ticket.

Have you looked for award availability on united.com?

guv1976 Jan 2, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MagicAngel (Post 27693437)
I am looking to book a oneway tkt to a yoga retreat in india (i plan to travel to other countries after the retreat is over so this is just one way tkt to India )

I have almost 105k UR miles.
And another 35k miles with my chase sapphire.

what is the lowest number of miles to use for EWR / JFK to maa on Jan 17 or Jan 18 or Jan 19 ?

which airlines will give the best use of the miles for this one way?

I apologize is this has been already answered. I am looking for a fresh look on the lowest miles to use.

I have done some research and have read several threads and wikis.
- the best way is to transfer to partner sites
---- which is the best partner site to transfer to for this scenario?

Kuwait Airways and Emirates have some cheap tickets from consolidated/aggregated deal sites for these dates.

having said that, which partner site is the best?

The first step is to see what carriers fly to MAA, and from where. Work backward from there.

My guess is that the lowest combined cost (miles plus surcharges) will come from redeeming UA miles on Star Alliance carriers. UA does not collect surcharges for award travel on any carrier, but does charge a close-in award booking fee.

Do an award search at united.com to see if there is availability on your preferred dates.

Aren't your Chase Sapphire "miles" also UR points?

N_Phoenix Jan 3, 2017 10:37 am

I just transferred to Southwest instantly without issue.

CodeAdam10 Jan 3, 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 (Post 27692475)

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 (Post 27693262)
Really disappointed today! Chase is unwilling to assist (as usual) and I actually needed the Hyatt points to book a stay starting tonight.

Terrible excuse ... "overwhelming demand due to the holiday rush"

Terrible.

Points just showed up in my Hyatt account ... 29+ hours after initiating the transfer.

Glad the points are in but not at all pleased with Chase at the moment.

For now Chase can't be trusted for last-minute transfers and I would recommend for others to plan accordingly. This unexpected delay messed up my own plans lovely. And Chase shows no love in these instances.

bta80 Jan 4, 2017 8:25 am

Adding another data point - I transferred 119K UR to British Airways on Jan 2. Points still haven't shown up on British Airways. Very frustrating since UR to BA have always transferred instantly in the past. I want to book a flight before the award space disappears. I contacted Chase and they weren't helpful at all - just a canned response that sometimes it can take days to complete.

worldspan Jan 5, 2017 4:35 am

Originally Posted by bta80 (Post 27702971)
Adding another data point - I transferred 119K UR to British Airways on Jan 2. Points still haven't shown up on British Airways. Very frustrating since UR to BA have always transferred instantly in the past. I want to book a flight before the award space disappears. I contacted Chase and they weren't helpful at all - just a canned response that sometimes it can take days to complete.

I had exactly the same problem a year ago trying to transfer points to British Airways. Finally pulled it off after a 6 week ordeal that centered around how my name appeared on a seldom used Chase savings account despite that my BA name and Chase UR name were identical. Ultimately you have to be prepared to persist, my situation likely having been 15 calls As my ultimate intention was to then move the points from BA to IB for tickets not involving fuel surcharges, well IB was even worse! More name compatability issues between BA and IB. Ultimately the whole ordeal between Chase/BA/IB took me 4 months to complete. Final result was my trip to Marrakech had to be postponed from 2016 to 2017.

gpeso8 Jan 5, 2017 5:54 am

Just did a transfer to Hyatt five minutes ago and the points were in my account nearly instantly.

bta80 Jan 5, 2017 6:39 am

Originally Posted by bta80 (Post 27702971)

Transfer finally completed last night. I was able to book the flight - thank goodness award availability hadn't changed.