Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by jc719
I received the metal card and called to request a plastic one. They said I could get a plastic one INSTEAD of a metal one, but not in addition to the metal one.
Good to know. That's far less appealing.

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
If you check that was back in 10/17 and maybe 11/17. Since then I have not read of anybody getting a duplicate card.
For a short time people people had success but Chase closed it down pretty quickly. Maybe a good talker can share their experience? As they say YMMV good luck.
Thanks for the info. I may give it another shot over the phone sometime.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by bigblue2007
According to Chase Support on Twitter the box will not be sent as they have no plains to have the box in stock again. That's too bad. All the other $450 annual fee cards comes with a box or some sort of nice packaging.
I'm pretty sure I have an extra kit, I would have no problem sending it to you at no cost. That's too bad but I do know of some other products that initially offered a more elaborate welcome kit and then later switch to a more basic kit.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: United, American Airlines, and Amtrak
Originally Posted by Nick92
I'm pretty sure I have an extra kit, I would have no problem sending it to you at no cost. That's too bad but I do know of some other products that initially offered a more elaborate welcome kit and then later switch to a more basic kit.
Thank you for the offer. That is very kind of you.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I just applied for the card offer with the 100k bonus at my local Chase branch. It took about 10 minutes and I was instantly approved with a $33k limit. The banker said I could take a pretty nice vacation for that amount of money. They said I should receive the card in 5 to 7 days.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeves
I just applied for the card offer with the 100k bonus at my local Chase branch. It took about 10 minutes and I was instantly approved with a $33k limit. The banker said I could take a pretty nice vacation for that amount of money. They said I should receive the card in 5 to 7 days.
It's a tremendous deal. I applied online on the 11th in time for the bonus. Can't go wrong with the 100k deal.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
I PM'd you the info... thanks again!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I had the CSP before getting the CSR in October. My CSP AF is now due. I'm planning to downgrade it to Freedom Unlimited (if they let me). In the future can I then downgrade the CSR to CSP if needed?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:20 pm

Has anyone recently applied for the card in the branch and received the 100K ?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Has anyone recently applied for the card in the branch and received the 100K ?
My SO went to a branch on 1/16/2017, was pre-approved, so got the card (received the card 1/20/2017).

But it has been reported that the in-branch pre-approvals have been suspended as of 1/20/2017. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...y-temporarily/

Will be interesting to hear from anyone who has tried going into a branch since 1/20.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:42 pm

Quick question - new hear and new to travel hacking. Signed up for Sapphire Preferred and Ink Plus yesterday. Would like to go to a chase branch before March cutoff to get 100k bonus. I am NOT a chase banking customer. Will this cause me issues getting the card with bonus in branch?

5/24 rule should be a problem as I'm new...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:29 pm

No problems. You can just ask them to check if you have any preapprovals if they ever turn preapprovals back on, or you can just tell them you want to apply for the Reserve.

Wait for 30 days, though, you can only open 2 Chase cards in 30 days.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:04 pm

Thinking about applying for the reserve. Trouble is there is no chase branch near my home. Has anyone been able to sign up for the lower offer and send in a secure message to be matched to the 100k?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Chuckles
My SO went to a branch on 1/16/2017, was pre-approved, so got the card (received the card 1/20/2017).

But it has been reported that the in-branch pre-approvals have been suspended as of 1/20/2017. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...y-temporarily/

Will be interesting to hear from anyone who has tried going into a branch since 1/20.
Well, assuming there were pre approvals from late August until January, I can only think of very few people that could not get this card in branch while being well over 5/24. Instead, why doesn't Chase just take away the 100K singing bonus and that is it (I know, new customers only). But hey, I am just the lousy churner and MSer here, not the CC Product Managing Genius

Chase did want us heavy churners to have this product, and I saw that when I discovered they partnered with another heavy churner like the Points Guy before launching the CSR.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have this card, I got the $100k bonus and will put it to good use. Still doing the math though on whether I think this is the best card out there after the bonus is earned and used.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I have this card, I got the $100k bonus and will put it to good use. Still doing the math though on whether I think this is the best card out there after the bonus is earned and used.
Wish I had seen that offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.