Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:07 am

Has anyone tried to convert another Chase card to this card? I don't need any new applications right now, but I've got a couple Chase cards that need to be closed within the next few months, and I'd love to be able to just convert one of them over.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:34 pm

came home to two envelops from amazon. One for me and one for my dad. Figured it was our new cards. Opened them to find out it was only letting us know about the new benefits. One page was about the new card itself and it should come in 2017. Such a waste of paper if you ask me.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
4.8% back ($5 free divided by $100 paid + $5 free) probably makes it worth not hassling with other cards at Amazon. During Freedom 5x I might have to think about it because 5 UR >> 4.8 cents.

I'm over 5/24 and gave up on CSR since I "needed" a Delta card and an AA card before I could go below 5/24. I'd guess I'm at 9/24 in reality and 11/24 in the Chase system because of AU cards.

I got instant approval, but only a $500 limit. It almost seemed as if the Chase/Amazon agreement required approval in my situation, but Chase did so reluctantly.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Does the card include any discount on Prime membership?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Does the card include any discount on Prime membership?
Yes 5% cashback
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Yes 5% cashback
Hehe. Figured that was all. But I hoped for something else. To me it's not worth using up one of my 5/24 slots on this if there's no bonus and no free membership.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Hehe. Figured that was all. But I hoped for something else. To me it's not worth using up one of my 5/24 slots on this if there's no bonus and no free membership.
There is a tiny bonus- $70- but not worth a hard inquiry if you have any other plans.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:41 am

This card gets 2% back at drug stores and you can cash out the points directly to your checking account. How come there hasn't been more talk of it being a viable MS card?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eldy
This card gets 2% back at drug stores and you can cash out the points directly to your checking account.
Not much to discuss. 2% cash back (everywhere) cards are readily available from other issuers.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ted-1-1-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-4-2016-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...000-miles.html
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by mia
Not much to discuss. 2% cash back (everywhere) cards are readily available from other issuers.
Ahh, I didn't even know about those other products! ^
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Has anyone tried to convert another Chase card to this card? I don't need any new applications right now, but I've got a couple Chase cards that need to be closed within the next few months, and I'd love to be able to just convert one of them over.
Same question...
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Same question...
My experience has been it won't work. Chase branded cards convert to Chase branded cards and co-branded cards convert to similar co-branded cards. So a Mileage Club could become a Mileage Plus, but not a Freedom, or Marriott.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:13 pm

Does this card give 5% on *ALL* transactions made through amazon.com? (including 3rd parties, payments, and marketplace items)
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by markr33
Does this card give 5% on *ALL* transactions made through amazon.com? (including 3rd parties, payments, and marketplace items)
It definitely doesn't apply to Amazon Payments. I think, but can't guarantee, that it applies to third party sellers on Amazon -- at least, I don't draw a distinction between sellers other than checking for Prime shipping support, and I haven't noticed any cash back missing.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
It definitely doesn't apply to Amazon Payments. I think, but can't guarantee, that it applies to third party sellers on Amazon -- at least, I don't draw a distinction between sellers other than checking for Prime shipping support, and I haven't noticed any cash back missing.
I haven't gotten a statement at 5% yet, but in the old version of the card everything amazon counted (including third parry products) except for Amazon Payments. I don't know why that would have changed.

From the new rewards agreement:
5% Back for each $1 of eligible purchases made using your
card account at Amazon.com. 5% Back is earned only on
purchases made at Amazon.com (including digital downloads,
Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon
Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third-party merchants
through Amazon.com’s marketplace). 5% Back is not earned
on purchases from merchants using Pay with Amazon, or
purchases made at international Amazon retail sites (including
but not limited to Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de,
Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp), or any other website operated
by Amazon, in Amazon’s sole discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.