Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by halamadrid
...seems like AZ/Chase are now paying more attention to this product ...
There's a pattern, Chase is complacent. They let the British Airways card drift until American Express added BA as a transfer partner, then refreshed the BA VISA with a 100,000 mile offer, no foreign transaction fees, etc. In this example they waiting until Amazon allowed another bank to offer a card with better rewards, and they have refreshed the product. Competition is wonderful.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:39 pm

Any other reports from folks way over 5/24?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:09 pm

As long as this card is linked to an account with prime, you will also get 5% back when using it on a non-prime account.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The card is plastic. I dont know why they say it is metal. It looks pretty cheap and lame IMHO.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
The card is plastic. I dont know why they say it is metal. It looks pretty cheap and lame IMHO.
yes the card is plastic, only the prime version is metal.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick92
yes the card is plastic, only the prime version is metal.
I have the prime version, it is plastic.

Note that the prime version has the numbers in the front, the amazon prime logo is not reflective/shinny like the amazon logo on the regular one. The blue one is better looking and the sides are orange, it looks very nice. They have it on orange, white, blue and prime gray.

Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:00 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I wonder if, once again (like with the RC and CSR cards), Chase has unexpectedly depleted its inventory of metal cards due to demand? Others with the new Prime card have posted pictures elsewhere, and they did in fact receive a metal card with only the name embossed on the front.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:12 am
mia

The term metal does appear in this Amazon press release which is published on a Chase site:

https://media.chase.com/content/pr/a...ards-visa-card

...but is there anything actually written by Chase that uses the term metal?

Last edited by mia; Jan 18, 2017 at 7:23 am
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
The term metal does appear in this Amazon press release which is published on a Chase site:

https://media.chase.com/content/pr/a...ards-visa-card

...but is there anything actually written by Chase that uses the term metal?
Sorry I didn't read the entire thread but if you were asking if the card is metal, mine is the sort of bonded metal just like the Chase Sapphire Preferred. From the second picture onward, the blue middle card in the middle is a Chase Sapphire Preferred card for reference purposes.

Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:34 am
mia

Originally Posted by fanofwigs
... mine is the sort of bonded metal just like the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Thank you. Conflicting reports. Is Chase sending different cards to different individuals -or- do individuals differ in their perception of what qualifies as a metal card?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. Conflicting reports. Is Chase sending different cards to different individuals -or- do individuals differ in their perception of what qualifies as a metal card?
The picture posted earlier of the "plastic" version of the Prime card does indeed seem to be a different card because the numbers are embossed on the front whereas pictures people have posted (here and elsewhere) of the metal version only have the name embossed on the front.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by dw
The picture posted earlier of the "plastic" version of the Prime card does indeed seem to be a different card because the numbers are embossed on the front whereas pictures people have posted (here and elsewhere) of the metal version only have the name embossed on the front.
Yep, mine is 100% plastic. I have the CSP CSR and Ritz, those are metal/plastic and metal cards. My prime card is 100% ugly plastic.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:39 pm

Yep, mine is 100% plastic. I have the CSP CSR and Ritz, those are metal/plastic and metal cards. My prime card is 100% ugly plastic.
Nooo, I wanted my wallet to get heavier (well, I guess I don't usually carry my Chase Amazon card anyway).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:48 am

i spend a lot on amazon, so this is good timing since the sallie mae mastercard is shutting down next month.

5/24 doesn't apply....at least it didn't for me.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
I just got my card on Friday and its metal....compared it to my CSR card and seems same material and thickness.....different color of course...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.