Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Officially Announces Amazon Prime 5% Cash Back card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cardtracker
Would not be surprised to see this card go away in the future.
Underwriting standards for a store card are sometimes lower than for a general purpose credit card. I think it will remain as a tool for customers who cannot qualify for a Chase account.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yep its weird. I cant see my points balances or use my points on chase.com but I can see it on amazon and also on the chase mobile app. I believe the CC interface is going to be on amazon.com instead of chase.

In reference to the way to use points for travel. You used to be able to use the points for flights with an award chart table that assigned points to $ values, there used to be sweet spots of 1.5% per point but thats no longer the case I believe (at least I dont see any options to redeem for travel yet).

On a side note, I got a UPS delivery reminder for tomorrow from CHASE CARD SERV next day air. I have not applied for any card or anything. Could it be the updated chase amazon? If so I will post some pictures, its supposed to be metal.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by lotrbfme

On a side note, I got a UPS delivery reminder for tomorrow from CHASE CARD SERV next day air. I have not applied for any card or anything. Could it be the updated chase amazon? If so I will post some pictures, its supposed to be metal.
In my email, they said they'd be sending out new physical cards. I never use the card in person anyways, but I thought the options they gave (three I believe for ascetics) were good enough.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:57 pm

I am not seeing the appeal of this card for me. I have Amazon Prime. I looked back over the past five years in Quicken, and I average $1000 per year in spending with Amazon. So I can get $50 back (plus $70 gift card in the first year). If I just keep this spending on my CSR, I get $15 back (if used on travel). So for a net of $35/year savings, I have to keep up with another card, make monthly payments, and deal with the hassle. $35 isn't nothing, but I think I'll pass. My time is worth more than that.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:30 am

My application went pending. What number do I call to get them to recon? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Appleman
I am not seeing the appeal of this card for me. I have Amazon Prime. I looked back over the past five years in Quicken, and I average $1000 per year in spending with Amazon. So I can get $50 back (plus $70 gift card in the first year). If I just keep this spending on my CSR, I get $15 back (if used on travel). So for a net of $35/year savings, I have to keep up with another card, make monthly payments, and deal with the hassle. $35 isn't nothing, but I think I'll pass. My time is worth more than that.
I totally understand your point. I think most of us here are old users of the card. Mine was my first card opened many years ago. I have not use it for several years. I buy A LOT on amazon, but I always used discover or chase freedom. But now this card is a little bit more appealing because of the 5% all the time and purchase protection (120 days). I never closed the old account because it was my oldest. But now I think I am going to use it when its not on the freedom calendar.

For the average person that do not travel much, care less about rewards and buy a lot on amazon it is a good card.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:37 am
mia

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
... What number do I call to get them to recon? Thanks!
There is a list of numbers in the Wikipost at the top of this thread which discusses processes common to applying for all Chase cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
my application went pending. What number do i call to get them to recon? Thanks!
1-888-270-2127
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:28 pm

Just got my replacement card in the mail. However it is the non-prime version. My card was not auto-updated to the prime version.... it is blue and nice looking but it is plastic. The amazon part is shinny and reflective like the visa signarure logo. I called to request the prime version. The rep told me they have the card in prime grey, white, blue and orange.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Yep its weird. I cant see my points balances or use my points on chase.com but I can see it on amazon and also on the chase mobile app. I believe the CC interface is going to be on amazon.com instead of chase.

I posted a similar experience on post #21; however, I don't use the mobile app. But it seems like some people can still see their points on the Chase website. I spoke with multiple phone agents with Chase, and most of the phone agents couldn't see my rewards balance either. Eventually, I spoke to a supervisor who was able to see the rewards in my account and order a redemption to my checking account.

It will be interesting to see if this starts happening to everyone, or if there is a glitch that only affects some people.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
1-888-270-2127
I called # as my app was pending also. They put it through for me but had to take some credit from another of my Chase cards and allocate it to the new Amazon card...which was no issue for me as I have more then I need...

Card details automatically showed up on Chase home page , received an email where I could quickly link card # it to my Amazon account, and the $70 gift card showed up on my Amazon account.....all this within 15 minutes of calling Chase..
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:57 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jeanie
... no options to redeem the rewards on the Chase site
Try here:

https://choosemyreward.chase.com/rew...er/cashBack.do

You may have to use a Private or Incognito browser window.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

. My time is worth more than that.
If that was the case you won't be on this forum.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jeanie
I posted a similar experience on post #21; however, I don't use the mobile app. But it seems like some people can still see their points on the Chase website. I spoke with multiple phone agents with Chase, and most of the phone agents couldn't see my rewards balance either. Eventually, I spoke to a supervisor who was able to see the rewards in my account and order a redemption to my checking account.

It will be interesting to see if this starts happening to everyone, or if there is a glitch that only affects some people.

For me, this must have been a glitch. I logged onto the Chase online site today, and my points balance was obviously visible like it was before the card conversion. I have no idea why it disappeared for a couple of days. But it's back now.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

I see your point. I will point out though that every once in a while they also have additional discounts that you can only get by using the AZ Visa. The discounts apply only to certain items, but I've seen good deals on electronics, cameras, etc. That could also become part of the equation. It seems like AZ/Chase are now paying more attention to this product so perhaps we'll see more special discounts in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.