Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz VISA Infinite $100 flight discount downgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz VISA Infinite $100 flight discount downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
A recent experience with the travel portal - having used it several times and seeing that "Economy Class" is printed prominently under the itinerary, I booked a flight for this July. Low and behold, it books into UA's Basic Economy class. Homie don't play that. Luckily I was able to cancel with a quick call to the concierge number printed in my email confirmation.

Be aware that if your fare seems much cheaper than usual...it might be BE even though it is not indicated.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Will visadiscountair eventually include ....-tier LCCs like Allegient and Air Asia X? Wouldn't mind giving that a try...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by msp3
Will visadiscountair eventually include ....-tier LCCs like Allegient and Air Asia X? Wouldn't mind giving that a try...
This is only for domestic flights unfortunately.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:30 am

can any one check me for cheapest jet blue flights available on visa infinite site

between long beach and las vegas.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
can any one check me for cheapest jet blue flights available on visa infinite site

between long beach and las vegas.
$112.80 midweek in May.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
$112.80 midweek in May.
Thanks for the reply, in the jetblue site its just 77 $ . If the higher rate is getting shown means ,whether is it booking in blue flex rate ?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Thanks for the reply, in the jetblue site its just 77 $ . If the higher rate is getting shown means ,whether is it booking in blue flex rate ?
To be clear, it's $112.80 is for two pax after the $100 discount ($106.40 pp before discount).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Does anyone have any knowledge if they plan to allow you to book out of basic economy on United and AA - as they already are doing with Delta?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
So two weeks ago I book a pair of tickets for $100 less than the combined "normal" price.

They showed on RC Chase Visa as two different tickets, pending, at, say $200 (full fare) and $100 (second, with the $100 discount).

Two days later, the full-fare ($200) ticket posts, and the discounted ($100) ticket disappears from pending.

Twelve days later now, that 2nd ticket has still not posted (nor has it reappeared as pending).

Well, my first thought is, "You lucky dog!" My second thought is, "Jeez, I wonder if that second ticket was really ticketed?" So I keep checking aa.com, and on the PNR it keeps showing two tickets ticketed, the full fare price for both (since aa doesn't seem to be a party to the cc give-back), the credit card number ... everything seemingly hunky-dorey.

Anybody else seen this? Did I just get a free ticket? Or will it eventually post? And/or should I be doing something proactive to make sure there is no day-of-flight drama with second ticket? Sure I'd like a minor windfall, but this windfall is sufficiently minor that I may not want to bet on it at the risk of an in-the-airport snafu.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
So two weeks ago I book a pair of tickets for $100 less than the combined "normal" price.

They showed on RC Chase Visa as two different tickets, pending, at, say $200 (full fare) and $100 (second, with the $100 discount).

Two days later, the full-fare ($200) ticket posts, and the discounted ($100) ticket disappears from pending.

Twelve days later now, that 2nd ticket has still not posted (nor has it reappeared as pending).

Well, my first thought is, "You lucky dog!" My second thought is, "Jeez, I wonder if that second ticket was really ticketed?" So I keep checking aa.com, and on the PNR it keeps showing two tickets ticketed, the full fare price for both (since aa doesn't seem to be a party to the cc give-back), the credit card number ... everything seemingly hunky-dorey.

Anybody else seen this? Did I just get a free ticket? Or will it eventually post? And/or should I be doing something proactive to make sure there is no day-of-flight drama with second ticket? Sure I'd like a minor windfall, but this windfall is sufficiently minor that I may not want to bet on it at the risk of an in-the-airport snafu.
It will eventually post. Go outbound on one carrier and inbound on another if you want to see a whole slew of charges come in at different times!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by highops
It will eventually post. Go outbound on one carrier and inbound on another if you want to see a whole slew of charges come in at different times!
Good call. Just posted, with the same date (15 days back now) as the "main" ticket.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:14 am

Has anyone ever tried booking an extra seat with this benefit (i.e. yourself and an extra seat)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.