Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:31 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by jeanie
This is normal for Chase. In my experience, it is common to get this message, and then have an approval the next business day. If you have an existing business online login for your Ink Plus, that is the easiest way to see the status of your application. The new account will show up on your business profile online as soon as it is opened. You can see the last 4 digits of the account number, and set up paperless statements immediately.

There is also an automated status line listed in the wiki to call for status on the application if you don't have an existing business online login.

(800) 432-3117 – General Application Status Line, automated

(800) 436-7927 – Alternative General Application Status Line, automated

Most people here advise to wait it out. Don't call reconsideration until you know for sure you have been rejected.
Thanks, appreciate the information. I'll keep checking on my Chase login for this week and hopefully it works out.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:51 pm
c2d

Originally Posted by c2d
I am at 3/24, 800+ FICO. Have Ink Plus, CSP, Slate, Freedom.
Applied to Ink Preferred tonight, got decision pending message ("We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days"). It could be because I just changed my address (moved back to previous address).
Sole Prop, 5 years old (real estate, lessor).
Should I wait it out or call recon tomorrow? Thanks for any advice or DP.

Originally Posted by jeanie
This is normal for Chase. In my experience, it is common to get this message, and then have an approval the next business day. If you have an existing business online login for your Ink Plus, that is the easiest way to see the status of your application. The new account will show up on your business profile online as soon as it is opened. You can see the last 4 digits of the account number, and set up paperless statements immediately.

There is also an automated status line listed in the wiki to call for status on the application if you don't have an existing business online login.

(800) 432-3117 – General Application Status Line, automated

(800) 436-7927 – Alternative General Application Status Line, automated

Most people here advise to wait it out. Don't call reconsideration until you know for sure you have been rejected.
Thanks, jeanie.^
TL;DR --> Approved!
TL version: Got a call this morning from "Unknown" number, glad I picked up. The person identified himself as calling from Chase Fraud dept and wanted to verify if I really applied for a credit card. Once he asked some identity verification questions and was satisfied with my answers, he said that now the app is cleared by fraud dept and that it will be submitted now; he processed it while I was on the line and got it approved. Also helped me expedite the card shipping in 1-2 business days. The new card did show up right away in my Chase online account.

Originally Posted by Tylt33
For anyone that has the Ink Plus, send yourself a referral link, it will automatically be for the InkPreferred. Easy way to make this a 100k point deal.
Thanks Tylt33!^ I did this using the twitter link I generated from my Ink Plus, I'll report back later if this worked for the 20k bonus.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:02 pm

Has anyone tried to refer themselves for the Ink Preferred? Tried to search the thread but couldn't find anything.

I currently have an Ink Bold. When I put the info into the refer a friend site, it comes up with a referral for the Ink Preferred. I'd like to apply for it, and if I could refer myself and get the 20k bonus that would be amazing! (Especially since I missed out on the 100k, and am now finally again under 5/24.)

If it's confirmed to not work, though, I would give that referral to a friend instead. Anyone have any datapoints?

Edit: lol. I searched the thread, but I didn't read the post right above this one. I guess it'll work.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:53 pm

Another data point: 4/24 (2 of them are store only cards). Have CSR and CFU (was a CSP that I PC'ed into CFU after I got the CSR). 770+ FICO. Applied evening of Wed at 9pm online. Got the 30 day pending message on line. Called next day morning to status number and was told approved.

Called chase again to get card expedited shipping. Card arrived on a monday afternoon. Very fast shipping and service.

Had to call chase to setup the online account management. Cannot manage biz/personal cards under one roof, but from reddit you can transfer UR pts from biz card into personal card if you so wish
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:00 pm

You can have your Chase business and personal card accounts on the same login page. At least, I do.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ginmqi
...Cannot manage biz/personal cards under one roof, but from reddit you can transfer UR pts from biz card into personal card if you so wish
You cannot add a business card to a personal online profile, but you can ask to have the profiles combined. The business UserID will survive.

Combining points from your own accounts is easy. Makes no difference personal/business, multiple profiles. Combining with other people's accounts is subject to specific requirements:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
ginmqi likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:19 am

searched, but no hit. buying gift cards at USPS branch codes as 3X?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Bullchan
searched, but no hit. buying gift cards at USPS branch codes as 3X?
be the DP!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Tylt33
For anyone that has the Ink Plus, send yourself a referral link, it will automatically be for the InkPreferred. Easy way to make this a 100k point deal.
How do you do that? Does the referral link come from your account home page? I am not seeing it.

Last edited by susiesan; Aug 23, 2017 at 8:45 am
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Has anyone used the phone protection on their CIP? I cracked my screen wondering what's the process like.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by rbears
Has anyone used the phone protection on their CIP? I cracked my screen wondering what's the process like.
I have not tried it, but it won't do you much good on a cracked screen. The deductible is $100 which is about the same as the cost of replacing the screen on most phones. I was looking it up the other day because one of my iPhone 6 screen was cracked. But it is only $109 at replace the screen at Apple Store and cheaper at other cell phone repair stores.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Need
I have not tried it, but it won't do you much good on a cracked screen. The deductible is $100 which is about the same as the cost of replacing the screen on most phones. I was looking it up the other day because one of my iPhone 6 screen was cracked. But it is only $109 at replace the screen at Apple Store and cheaper at other cell phone repair stores.
I have a phone where the screen alone costs over 100$ and the process is.. difficult at best (nexus 6p). Have seen prices ranging from 200-300 for the labor. I'll be the DP and call in today.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:16 pm

PCing has been possible for a while now. someone should probably update the wiki.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:21 am
c2d

Originally Posted by susiesan
How do you do that? Does the referral link come from your account home page? I am not seeing it.
You can do this if you already have another Ink card. Go to https://www.chase.com/referabusiness/preferred and enter your last name, zip and last 4 digits of your existing Ink card. It will take you to a screen to refer by email or Twitter. DO NOT use email -- it takes too long, something like 3-8 days. Click the Twitter option and it will open a new Twitter window to post a link (you will need to sign into your Twitter account if not already signed in). You can then use this link to sign up for the new card.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Platinum
My application for the Chase Ink Preferred card is pending and has been for more than a week. My CPC banker told me today that the majority of Chase's business cards staff are located in Houston, and their offices have been evacuated. It's difficult to say what impact the Hurricane will have on application processing, but it's almost sure to result in delays. So if you've applied for a Chase business card recently and haven't heard anything yet, this may be why!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.