Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old May 16, 2017, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kitkatft
Anybody happen to know offhand where a BRM can be found in Madison, WI (or near I-94 passing by)?

Just call your local Chase branch and ask to speak with their BRM. If they say they don't have one, they should be able to tell you which nearby office has one.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Need
I also got the 30 days message when I applied but reading this thread said 30 days means "likely to be approved" where 2 weeks is the bad one. I didn't call and the card came in a week.
DP: A recent in-branch app had the 2 week response on the automated line. Message did not change at any point. Approved after 2 business days.

So the 2 week message doesn't seem to be "the bad one" either.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I applied for this card today at a branch with a BRM. I currently have 2 biz and 2 personal cards with Chase and I'm way over 5/24. Credit scores ~800. Anxious to see what happens.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jigri2003
DP: A recent in-branch app had the 2 week response on the automated line. Message did not change at any point. Approved after 2 business days.

So the 2 week message doesn't seem to be "the bad one" either.
Were you over or under 5/24?
Old May 18, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by philemer
I applied for this card today at a branch with a BRM. I currently have 2 biz and 2 personal cards with Chase and I'm way over 5/24. Credit scores ~800. Anxious to see what happens.
I did this last month, took about 3 weeks to even pull my credit, then another 2 days for approval. way over 5/24.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by yztim
I did this last month, took about 3 weeks to even pull my credit, then another 2 days for approval. way over 5/24.
Were there special requirements to work with a BRM? Large deposit into account, or high business income, etc.?

thanks
Old May 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

Summary of known 3x bonuses with Chase Ink Preferred

I just spent 20 mins combing through this thread to locate known 3x bonuses with Chase Ink Preferred... Here's what I see so far.

Qualifies for 3x
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
eBay seller fee's paid directly to eBay with or without paypal
eBay shipping paid through paypal
Endicia
Fedex
Google Voice
Gyft.com and app with or without paypal
Netflix.com (monthly DVD subscription)
TWC*TIME WARNER NYC (standard Spectrum residential cable bill)
UPS
USPS
Venmo
Washington DC Metro (WMATA)

Anyone else have confirms? Please save many lots of time and share!

Last edited by richardparker; Aug 7, 2017 at 7:55 am
Old May 18, 2017, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by richardparker
I just spent 20 mins combing through this thread to locate known 3x bonuses with Chase Ink Preferred... Here's what I see so far.

Qualifies for 3x
Gyft.com and app paying with paypal
eBay fee's paid directly to eBay (not through paypal)
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

Venmo is 3x
Old May 19, 2017, 6:24 am

Qualifies for 3x
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

eBay shipping paid through PayPal got me 3x
eBay seller fees paid through PayPal got me 3x
Old May 19, 2017, 7:40 am

Is it possible to keep the CIP application, approval & denial data points and questions on the Applying for Chase Credit Cards thread and keep this one for the card uses and benefits and uses? If so can a mod make a note somewhere on the thread?

It would help us who subscribe here for that reason. Thank you.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by philemer
Were you over or under 5/24?
Applicant was under 5/24, CPC, think Chase rep was a BRM or authorized by a BRM but applicant did not ask that question, Chase rep did not mention a specific threshold for revenues but applicant did mention revenues in low 6 figures during the discussion.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:50 am

Qualifies for 3x
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

Thanks for putting this together. Here's another DP on Gyft...

I got 3x without using paypal as well.

Has anyone hit Gyft 3x hard for GCs using the CIP yet?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:22 pm

Qualifies for 3x
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

Qualifies for 3x
Add paying through PayPal for PayPalgifts to the list
Old May 19, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Were there special requirements to work with a BRM? Large deposit into account, or high business income, etc.?

thanks
not with mine. I went into my branch and left him my phone number. He called a couple of days later and asked about opening a card to do some remodel on my rental home. asked if he could apply on paper form. He actually volunteered there are 3 ways to apply for him. easy peasy
Old May 19, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by yztim
not with mine. I went into my branch and left him my phone number. He called a couple of days later and asked about opening a card to do some remodel on my rental home. asked if he could apply on paper form. He actually volunteered there are 3 ways to apply for him. easy peasy
thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.