Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:56 am

If gas does not count as travel I guess I am sticking with my Ink Bold.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:32 pm

Finally got approval.

Applied for CSR the morning of (online, instant approval), went into branch in the afternoon to apply for Ink Preferred (to get the waived first year annual fee), denied on the spot. Called app status line and got transferred to a rep who told me "I'm not an analyst but I suspect your CSR approval may have something to do with the denial". Called recon a couple hours later and was confirmed that Ink Preferred was denied because of the CSR approval. Sent SM from Business account (already have business checking and Ink+) asking for reconsideration and offering to reallocate credit line. Received SM back this morning that Preferred has been approved and credit line on Ink+ was decreased.

Last edited by travelbugging; Nov 15, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travelbugging
... Ink Reserve ...
I think you mean Ink Preferred.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Called yesterday - had to call in to provide more info. The rep told me I was approved at $12k but then said it looked good, though the app would also go to a manager for approval? Any one else had this?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I think you mean Ink Preferred.
Sorry, yes. Getting all my cards mixed up. Ink Reserve=Ink Preferred in the above, changed to avoid confusion (for myself)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:14 pm

Tried to call the automated line, after entering my SSN it routed me to a live person. I've always read to talk to a live person for biz cards. Should I at least inquire what they need? If it's just an allocation of credit that would be ez.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:35 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Arrived via UPS earlier today, very quick turnaround.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Is it worth to get this card instead of CSR? Looks like the categories are similar (except restaurants), but I don't spend that much on restaurants.
Right now I have:
2x Ink Cash
1x Ink Plus
1x CSR
1x Sapphire
1x Freedom

I was thinking about downgrading Plus to Cash, getting Ink Preferred, and maybe downgrading CSR to CSP, or completely cancelling it. This will save me $55 per year. The main question is: whether it's safe to downgrade Plus to Cash. I like 5x at OS stores very much.
I have PP and GE from other cards (CNB Crystal, Citi Prestige)
What do you think?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:19 am

It's encouraging to see people getting this card while currently holding another Chase card (Plus, Cash, Bold, etc). I wonder if these data points are based on applying for a different business than the current card?

I just applied and received a Chase Ink Plus earlier this month. I'm currently at 4/24, and am wanting to apply to non Chase cards. I'd love to get the Ink Preferred along with the Plus, but I suspect that's a long shot. I only have 1 somewhat legitimate business.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by junco577
It's encouraging to see people getting this card while currently holding another Chase card (Plus, Cash, Bold, etc). I wonder if these data points are based on applying for a different business than the current card?

I just applied and received a Chase Ink Plus earlier this month. I'm currently at 4/24, and am wanting to apply to non Chase cards. I'd love to get the Ink Preferred along with the Plus, but I suspect that's a long shot. I only have 1 somewhat legitimate business.
Same business for both Ink cards.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:48 am

If they would only add ebay fee to the 3x category, the card would be perfect for my business.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:00 pm

Can someone post the phone number for the recon line? I can't seem to find it in the thread. I applied earlier this week, was told 7-10 days and would like to check in on it.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TheSpecialMan
Can someone post the phone number for the recon line? I can't seem to find it in the thread. I applied earlier this week, was told 7-10 days and would like to check in on it.
It's at the bottom of this wiki:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1707643
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:31 pm

applied earlier this week, they said 7-10 biz days when I called in. Got a call from Chase today and they left a message asking me to call back.

I called them, the rep asked to put me on hold for 3 minutes or so. 3 minutes later she approves me. no questions asked.

Pretty painless!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:19 pm

Applied a week ago, and was told 7-10 days. No response yet from them, so I was planning on calling today. I went and opened the mail, and boom, there it was in the mail.

And I got the Sapphire Reserve deal 60-90 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.