Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion, beginning in January 2017, here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1820508-booking-flights-rooms-cars-etc-w-ultimate-rewards-points-2017-a.html

Posts prior to July, 2015, are archived here: Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by United747
Have you tried calling to book? As an aside, a lot of rental companies only allow certain cars for one-way rentals.
Not yet, going to give them a call on my lunch break. I'll report back here. Saw another post and the person said they didn't have any luck when they tried.

EDIT: Just called, they said they can't do it as there is no way they can assess the fee for a different drop off location. Damn. Hoping someone here has a workaround.

Last edited by JustinP31688; Feb 22, 2016 at 8:35 am Reason: Updated information
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:52 pm

Tax or fees when booking car rentals?

Just wondering if you have to pay additional taxes and/or fees when booking a car rental using the Ultimate Rewards portal? Or, do the quoted ultimate rewards points cover all costs? Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
The UR covers the base rate ONLY.

Everything else is extra.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by skelly9131
Just wondering if you have to pay additional taxes and/or fees when booking a car rental using the Ultimate Rewards portal? Or, do the quoted ultimate rewards points cover all costs? Thanks!
It will cover base rate & all mandatory fees & taxes (= base rate). All the optional benefits (CDW, GPS, car seats, prepaid gas, other ins. options, etc) are not covered. I always compare against rates on carrentals.com and costco.com.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I am looking to use some Ultimate Reward points for a flight. The price of the flight was pretty expensive but I have plenty of points right now. It is a flight on American Airlines. I usually receive free baggage when i book through AA because it is a benefit of my credit card. Will I still receive the free bag if I book through Ultimate Rewards? Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072
I am looking to use some Ultimate Reward points for a flight. The price of the flight was pretty expensive but I have plenty of points right now. It is a flight on American Airlines. I usually receive free baggage when i book through AA because it is a benefit of my credit card. Will I still receive the free bag if I book through Ultimate Rewards? Thank you!
Are you referring to a Citi AA card? If you add your AA frequent flyer # to your reservation, you should get the free bag benefit.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
I have a rental car reservation coming up that the rate through UR is better than any rates elsewhere.

However, even if I choose to pay with CC (not with point), the charge will be through the 3rd party, not to the rental car company. Therefore, I will not get the CC's car rental insurance. Is that correct?

This is a very good and important question that I'm not sure where to get a definitive answer to. I was going to use the UR portal to book a cars, and not use points but instead use my CSP to make sure I get the insurance coverage. But how does this transaction appear in terms of rental coverage. I know prepaying through priceline or hotwire with the CSP works for coverage. Would this be the same?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:02 pm

Shucks.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:13 pm

found some pretty good hotel prices using the ultimate rewards portal for a european vacation

best by far were the rates for the waldorf amsterdam. < 250 a night, refundable, when other sites were asking twice that. any ideas how this ends up to be?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:50 am

I haven't been able to find an answer to this, although it's probably simple

I recently book 2 one way flights on UR. The day I booked the flights happened to be more expensive than they are normally.

I checked again today and flights have dropped about 1500 points per ticket. Am I able to rebook at the new rate or request some sort of points refund from UR / Chase?

Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:30 pm

Hotel search results

Do the hotel search results on https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com vary daily or periodically?

Some accommodations that came up a few days ago don't appear more recently, although the resort/hotel's site shows availability on my dates. Is availability for reward programs limited to select rooms, or by other criteria? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, they will vary. Just keep lookin'.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:08 pm

Is it cheaper to buy the ticket if I transfer my points to United and fly to Europe or buy the ticket directly from UR website?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:23 pm

Question Using UR points for award tickets to HYD

I am planning to fly out of SJC (or nearby airports) on April 15 to HYD, and back on April 30.

I have 62,000 UR points, and 74,566 Avios with BA.

I would love to get at least a one way flight with miles. Any recommendations on how I could mix and match? I don't mind Economy class, I am trying to avoid paying more than $500 out of pocket.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Looking to book a flight on United from TUS-AUS in September. I noticed there are fewer flight offerings on the UR site than United.com. I saw a flight yesterday that is not there today, yet plenty of availability on United.com. Do I have to just keep looking day to day? If so, what's the point of that? Is Chase only given a select amount to flights to offer by the airlines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.