Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Big Purchase Coming Up - Sign Up Bonus Besides Reserve?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just applied and received the Sapphire Reserve Card (already received the 100K bonus).

I have a fairly large purchase coming up (~$14,000) and wondered if I can apply for the Ink Plus card.

1. Do I need to be concerned about 5/24 with this Chase Card?

2. It currently has a 60K sign up bonus, which appears to credit to Ultimate Rewards, just as the Sapphire Reserve does. If this isn't right, please correct me.

3. Does anyone have a recommendation for any other card for a one time purchase of just over $14K? I'd like to take advantage of a nice sign-up bonus.

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cslovacek
I have a fairly large purchase coming up (~$14,000) and wondered if I can apply for the Ink Plus card.

1. Do I need to be concerned about 5/24 with this Chase Card?

2. It currently has a 60K sign up bonus, which appears to credit to Ultimate Rewards, just as the Sapphire Reserve does. If this isn't right, please correct me.

3. Does anyone have a recommendation for any other card for a one time purchase of just over $14K? I'd like to take advantage of a nice sign-up bonus

1. 5/24 is in effect for this card.
2. That's correct
3. Wonder over to Amex.com and see if you have any targeted offers that are good offers, but high minimum spending.

The Ink is one of the more challenging Chase cards to be approved for. Most applications go into pending status, and if you call in, they are likely to give you a hard time verifying your business (or lack there of). Go read up in the Ink thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...resent-85.html
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:13 pm

Get several cards and split the payment amongst them to reach a slew of signup bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.