Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:15 am

Just applied and got instantly approved. I'm actually a little surprised.

3/24 prior to applying.
Fico is around the 800s
CL @ 28K
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Global Entry appointment: April 2017 at LAX

LOL, I read somewhere that I can simply walk in without appointment, is that true?
You can log onto the GOES website and change the appointment time. There's almost always something sooner than what you are originally given.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:40 am

My wife applied last week being right at the 5/24 line. She got the denial letter yesterday for that very reason. Her CSP is due for renewal this month with the AF just appearing, and she was going to close it since she has an Ink+ and is AU on my CSP. She's considering calling recon. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Cancel CSP in order to make room for CSR? Some other idea? Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
You can log onto the GOES website and change the appointment time. There's almost always something sooner than what you are originally given.
Been checking for a week, 2 or 3 times a day now. Nothing shows up on LAX before April next year. I really want to go to Long Beach, but there is nothing at all.. not even next year showing up. I think there is some secret hours where they update the records and everyone knows about it except me and got the cancelled slots before my next check. I saw on the Global Entry thread that some people said to check every 5 minutes.. who has time for that?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
My wife applied last week being right at the 5/24 line. She got the denial letter yesterday for that very reason. Her CSP is due for renewal this month with the AF just appearing, and she was going to close it since she has an Ink+ and is AU on my CSP. She's considering calling recon. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Cancel CSP in order to make room for CSR? Some other idea? Thank you.
Depending on your other cards, you can downgrade the CSP to a CF or CFU. If the credit line is sufficient, she can call recon to move credit from the other cards to a new CSR. Because the CSR is a Visa Infinite, the minimum CL is $10k. If that's not feasible to move from the other cards, then there's little to do except hope that the bonus lasts until a card drops off.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by roundtree
Depending on your other cards, you can downgrade the CSP to a CF or CFU. If the credit line is sufficient, she can call recon to move credit from the other cards to a new CSR. Because the CSR is a Visa Infinite, the minimum CL is $10k. If that's not feasible to move from the other cards, then there's little to do except hope that the bonus lasts until a card drops off.
CSP CL is 23K. Should the downgrade to CFU be done before calling recon for CSR, or do it all in same call?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:56 am

CSP CL is 23K. Should the downgrade to CFU be done before calling recon for CSR, or do it all in same call?
I haven't done either at this point, given how new I am to Chase cards in general. I wouldn't think that the order will matter much, those others are welcome to provide better advice.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:12 am

Anyone have issues with charges listed as "pending" for awhile then disappearing without posting? I purchased a ticket on Cathay Pacific 7 days ago, it was pending, pending, pending, and now it's disappeared! I will call Chase and Cathay to check, but this is annoying. The transaction had gone through on Cathay's website.

*edit: talked to Chase and they say they still see the charge on their end, so I should be fine.

Last edited by suziemay; Sep 27, 2016 at 8:36 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Need
Been checking for a week, 2 or 3 times a day now. Nothing shows up on LAX before April next year. I really want to go to Long Beach, but there is nothing at all.. not even next year showing up. I think there is some secret hours where they update the records and everyone knows about it except me and got the cancelled slots before my next check. I saw on the Global Entry thread that some people said to check every 5 minutes.. who has time for that?
That's the only way to do it. Maybe not every five minutes, but check every hour or so. That's how I did it and got lucky. Just gotta hope someone cancels so an earlier appointment date will open up.

SFO take walk ins. You gotta show up early though. They take walk ins in between appointments or whenever they're free. The wait could be hours though.

Last edited by s0ju; Sep 27, 2016 at 10:50 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:41 am

Actually, there's a thread dedicated to this:

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Keep, Downgrade, or Cancel?

I didn't see any posts about timing, but they cover the ins and outs of PC for the CSP.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:57 am

Applied yesterday, instant approval, CL 35k.
Already have SW and CSP - but both are more than 24 months old.

Edit: Arrived today - metal.

Last edited by pirossalma; Sep 27, 2016 at 8:46 pm
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:03 am

I read in the JPM Reserve Visa thread that some of the people who applied for the Sapphire Reserve got it without getting a hard pull on their credit. It was due to them having an existing banking relationship with Chase. Anyone here get it without a hard pull?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ehuang03
I read in the JPM Reserve Visa thread that some of the people who applied for the Sapphire Reserve got it without getting a hard pull on their credit. It was due to them having an existing banking relationship with Chase. Anyone here get it without a hard pull?
If you had the sort of relationship with Chase that a JPMR card holder has, you might well get the hard pull waived. But that talk starts with $10m (and probably higher).
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Got approved for CSR this morning. I called the agent asking them to overnight the card to me before my trip on Thursday but was told they cannot expedite CSRs.

Any chance I can get the card by Thursday? I have a red eye so can wait all day.

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by khl3657
Applied online on 9/22/2016 at around 12:30pm PDT. Application went pending, and the automated system gave me the "will notify you within 30 days." Called the automated system, and the application was approved. Sure enough, I see the Sapphire Reserve when I logged in.
What number did you call? Did you ever talk to an agent or was it automated the entire time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.