Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just received my CSR card and very disappointed. Cheap plastic no better than a CapOne card and not even as solid as Mrs. B's CSP card. For $450/yr I expect something a bit nicer. Will definitely cancel after one year assuming my JPM card now gets the same benefits.

No 5/24 for me - my CPC banker got me approved immediately, though I had re-allocate some credit lines as I didn't want to wait for underwriting review.

I suspect it's a case-by-case decision, as I only had 5 apps in the past 2 years and none were Chase card apps.
You'll get the metal one sent to you automatically once they have more metal to produce the card. At least that's what everyone is saying. I know the feeling though. That's the same feeling I had when I first got my Amex Platinum. Lol

Last edited by s0ju; Sep 23, 2016 at 7:50 pm
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:48 pm

So, I walked into a Chase Branch today. I banked there and have a card with them that I hardly ever use. I asked if they could check in their system to see if I have any pre-approvals for any of their credit cards. The banker tells me, we don't do any pre-approvals on our system. We use the same one you would use online to see if you could get a pre-approval.

So, she I gave her my account, she just looks through and goes. I don't see an approval, but I see that you got an invitation to apply for it on here. It's not a pre-approval though, it's just an invitation.

Is that the pre-approval everyone's talking about when they go visit and branch and check? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ehuang03
Is that the pre-approval everyone's talking about when they go visit and branch and check? Thanks!
No its not. I've seen both on the bankers screen. I got invitation like the one you mentioned. But the Mrs got the actual pre-approval. It says pre approval.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
Should I bother applying for this card if I regularly churn the BoA Alaska airline card? I assume it will violate the 5/24 rule..
I depends which BofA Alaska Airline card you regularly churn.

If you regularly churn only the business Alaska Airline card, then that doesn't count toward 5/24.

But if you regularly churn the personal Alaska Airline card, yes, every time you get one that adds to your 5/24 count, which makes this Reserve card "hopeless" unless you luck out with getting "pre-approved" for it in a branch (or if you can sign up for Chase Private Client, which requires substantial funds IIRC).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
unless you luck out with getting "pre-approved" for it in a branch (or if you can sign up for Chase Private Client, which requires substantial funds IIRC).
CPC still doesn't guarantee it. Just better chances.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
It doesn't 'guarantee' it but it absolutely unequivocally overrides 5/24. You may still be declined by underwriting for other reasons, including too many inquiries, but they should be willing to accommodate moving credit if you are willing to do that instead of getting a new line and are CPC.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by harleyn
Has anyone obtained the TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit on this card yet? If so, what was your experience? The travel credit posted immediately, but my TSA Pre Check billed almost two weeks ago and I have not seen a credit for this yet.

Appreciate any data points, could not find any on FT.
I did Global Entry, the credit posted very quickly. I paid a couple of weeks ago and had my interview yesterday.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Did the JPM line work?
If you're CPC, yes. I called normal recon 4 different times stating I'm CPC etc. Two reps refused to help stating 5/24 and nothing they could do. The other two resubmitted for reconsideration and denied for too many recent inquiries. I offered to reallocate and they said they couldn't get around the denial.

Called the JPM line and offered to reallocate right away, The rep took care of it without blinking an eye.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
Originally Posted by RedElmo
It doesn't 'guarantee' it but it absolutely unequivocally overrides 5/24. You may still be declined by underwriting for other reasons, including too many inquiries, but they should be willing to accommodate moving credit if you are willing to do that instead of getting a new line and are CPC.
There are many CPC customers that have been denied because of 5/24, regardless of inquiries or credit exposure. CPC does not unequivocally do anything.

Like RedElmo said, just better chances.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:49 am

Quick turnaround. Instantly approved online, metal card arrived 2 days later with UPS.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
I posted my data point above. denied because of 5/24 as CPC. even first call they refused to reconsider.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Teckelspass
Quick turnaround. Instantly approved online, metal card arrived 2 days later with UPS.
Seems to be those applying later are getting the metal card quicker?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by elkhornne
Yup. Makes business sense. You already have plastic to use. You'll get the metal eventually, why would chase keep wasting $2 to keep sending out plastic then send metal?. Fulfill all new applicants with metal and then backfill the early applicants with metal. No need to give new applicants both.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elkhornne
It could simply be that they're getting a limited batch of metal cards on some schedule (one a week, once every two weeks, whatever) and when they get those in, a certain number of CSR cards go out with metal, and then they run out of metal again, so they switch to plastic again until they get the next batch of metal in, and then the cycle repeats.

So in that case random people would get metal and other people would get plastic, until they Chase figures out how to get enough metal cards for whatever the CSR (plus other metal cards) demand might be.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Skymiles
Question about reaching 4K

Friends,

Trying to gain enough UR for a flight to NZ (US Based). Have the CSR.

Working my way to 4K, but had DL tix that I purchased then cancelled on the card (within the DOT 24 hour window).

The charges still show up (and am happy to pay them, knowing I'll eventually get it back, in a future billing cycle).

How does this impact my chase to 4K?

Should I call CSR? I just don't want to gain 4K and then lose it, because of this.

Just got the card, so plenty of time in my window to reach 4K.

Appreciate any help.

NZP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.