Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Any in particular?
I've only looked into two, both of which granted me access: HNL and LAS.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:56 pm

Any in particular? Because I have visited about two dozen in the past 3 years across 5 continents and have not been denied entrance to any of them. In fact most of them were virtually empty with the exception of the pathetic tiny Avianca lounge @MEX and the SJD lounge. In every case the attendants were more than happy to process the charge slip to PP (and presumably Chase).

Now if stupid people start abusing PP like the woman who invited 27 guests, then I would expect to see some changes. But that seems more the exception...
Cancun's airport wouldn't let me in. Same as Alaska Airlines in Seattle. LAX alaska Airlines is now 1per card.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
...cutting off access to the hoards of Chase-affiliated members....
Originally Posted by txviking
I was getting the impression they were cutting them off for all PP members just based on capacity....
The lounges does not know who sponsors your Priority Pass membership. Any restrictions would apply equally to all Priority Pass Select members without regard to whether the membership is sponsored by American Express, Chase, Citi or or smaller issuer. Most lounges in the Priority Pass network contract to service specific airlines. They use Priority Pass to monetize surplus capacity. When there is no surplus, there is no access for Priority Pass even though there may still be entry for their contracted passengers.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by mia
The lounges does not know who sponsors your Priority Pass membership.
This has nothing to do with Chase..
Yes, I know. My earlier statement was more of a cause/effect analysis. That is, PP lounges have to protect against the huge influx of new members trying to access the facilities, and this huge influx was in part a result of the CSR's success.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Any in particular? Because I have visited about two dozen in the past 3 years across 5 continents and have not been denied entrance to any of them. In fact most of them were virtually empty with the exception of the pathetic tiny Avianca lounge @MEX and the SJD lounge. In every case the attendants were more than happy to process the charge slip to PP (and presumably Chase).

Now if stupid people start abusing PP like the woman who invited 27 guests, then I would expect to see some changes. But that seems more the exception...
I was denied at DFW due to lounge being "full".
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by 747FC
Yes, I know. My earlier statement was more of a cause/effect analysis. That is, PP lounges have to protect against the huge influx of new members trying to access the facilities, and this huge influx was in part a result of the CSR's success.
People on the Delta forum are blaming all the new CSR cardholders for the overcrowding of the MSP escape lounge thus resulting in no more PP entries. Makes sense if an airline (or in the case of the Escape club Am EX) is so overcrowded they can't provide for own members and they should put capacity controls in when the lounge is overcrowded (I wish Delta would do the same when their lounges are full and not allow Am Ex swipes and take care of their own members first) but if the lounge is dead seems foolish they wouldn't want the $ from the PP swipe.

I fly out of Lima yearly and have noticed the lounge Delta uses for diamonds and business class passengers was a real zoo this last time and all I can think of is that it is due to the CSR being such a success. I always fly the same day and time and it's never been that packed. I wouldn't be surprised if the LIM lounge starts allowing only business class passengers at peak times (all the domestics use it for their business class/higher tiers).

It's similar with the Hilton Reserve card from Citi. It gives free gold and I don't think Hilton's were prepared for the card to be so successful and the influx of golds and a few properties I stayed at that used to allow golds in the lounge now limit it to diamonds because they can't handle the crowds.

The lounge I'm worried about with PP is the Boardroom at Anchorage. I fly Delta almost exclusively and they have no lounge there and when the Boardroom/Skyclub stopped their lounge agreement the PP card turned out to be valuable there. A friend of mine was declined at the Boardroom at SEA and at LA he was with his wife and was told only one person per card. I'm hoping ANK allows at least one person to enter on a card.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:57 pm

Is there a post or an article about this???
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MDJennings
Somewhere earlier in this thread, when people were trying to work out what no limit on guests meant. Finding it is left as an exercise for the student.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDJennings
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ity-pass-card/

Next year when you can’t guest your immediate family plus one on a once a year trip, blame this lady.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PP is agressively selling its 'select' product in various markets. While the crowding of PP contract lounges in the US may be because of Chase, the crowding worldwide is because of PP growing and lounge capacity not keeping pace with the massive growth of traffic.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by txviking
I was denied at DFW due to lounge being "full".
Most reported space denials are at airline lounges that allow PP entry, done to ensure their own flyers have space, especially during peak hours before their flights depart.

The Club at DFW is different, it has a single small room for PP members, about a dozen seats IIRC. If they told you it was full, probably every seat really was already occupied.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Happy
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ity-pass-card/

Next year when you can’t guest your immediate family plus one on a once a year trip, blame this lady.
Can't an individual lounge put a limit on number of guests?

I remember when Delta would allow anyone that has means of entry to bring in either two adult guests or one adult and any family member under 21 and how that would get abused. There was one time I witnessed a guy bringing in a bunch of people in the early to mid 20's and said they were all his relative The lounge dragon was just as much to blame for not asking for ID's for their age and most of them were helping themselves to the bar and a lot of them were obviously couples and they were taking up a lot of the chairs in the club and I couldn't find a place with an outlet. In hindsight I should have asked for the club manager and reported that their was underage drinking going on because they were allowed in as family members and family members have to be under 21
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

It may be that PP has to adapt to change. In this case, it has to adapt to success!

It seems like there is still a mutual benefit for all concerned for PP/PP members to have access to the lounges that might sit idle for much of the day. Now, PP membership has surged with the CSR and other credit cards offering membership. Travelers are more savvy, and head straight to the lounge if they can. Yes, PP saw unprecedented membership increases with the CSR, but the one year mark is approaching and cardholders will have to evaluate the fees. They can't continue to grow until they manage the members that they already have on the roster. Maybe PP membership will naturally dwindle if/when a good portion of CSR cardholders don't renew, and the capacity problem will fix itself without intervention.

Perhaps there needs to be some sort of alternative when a member can't access a lounge. When entry is denied, perhaps issue a $15 food & beverage voucher that can be used at other airport vendors? Or a 30% reimbursement up to XXX per day for dining purchases? Or, what if you, as the PP cardholding member, were able to enter with no guests, when capacity is full?

Maybe this is naive thinking, but I consider lounge access one the prime reasons to keep a high annual fee credit card.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:11 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
When entry is denied, perhaps issue a $15 food & beverage voucher that can be used at other airport vendors?
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...its-Distillery

Sometimes I'd even prefer it to the lounge...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Can't an individual lounge put a limit on number of guests?
They can, and many do. Chase does not have an unlimited guests policy, they have a no fees for guests policy. In practice, this is the same as Citi's policy.

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
...alternative when a member can't access a lounge. When entry is denied, perhaps issue a $15 food & beverage voucher that can be used at other airport vendors? ....
Priority Pass is experimenting with this approach at airports where they do not have lounges (see SYD), and they have added some non-lounge facilities at a few airports where they do have lounge partners (see ATL, PDX). Bear in mind that Priority Pass is owned by an insurance company. They will have a model to calculate pricing based on projected utilization. If the utilization rate rises, the premium (cost to the card issuers) will rise to cover it, and card issuers will find a way to pass through that higher cost. Nothing is free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.