Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KRSW

Looking at the lounge options (https://www.loungebuddy.com/ORD):

... The US airlines sell memberships to their clubs. ...
I should note that rest of the world's airlines tend to allow lounge access for status/fare class only, no additional memberships. .
Thank you for the summary. It's not an accident that USA based airlines sell club memberships. It wasn't always this way, but the CAB ruled that everyone should have equal access:

Designed primarily for business travelers, the clubs date from the 1930's, one of the first being American Airlines' Admirals Club, founded in 1938. The clubs remained relatively exclusive until the mid-70's when, after a series of anti-discrimination cases, the Civil Aeronautics Board issued rules governing them.

In an order dated Feb. 12, 1974, the board decreed that the carriers had the choice of opening the clubs to all people, or of opening them to all passengers or all passengers traveling in a particular class, such as first class, or of opening them to members of a club, provided that anyone who requested membership in the club and paid the membership fee, if any, could join.
http://www.nytimes.com/1982/10/10/tr...p-lounges.html
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:30 am

@mia: Thanks for posting that! I knew the history of the formation of the lounges, but didn't know about the CAB's influence. Leave it to the government to ultimately make something more expensive and difficult for travelers.

Also interesting were the membership prices. ~$200/year, adjusting for inflation. Lifetime memberships were ~$2k, which is a bit of a bargain given that a full DL SkyClub membership is $750/year. That said, so many airlines here are no longer around, so those "lifetime" memberships could be completely worthless. Granted, if you managed to pick up a United or American membership in 1982, that $2k works out to ~$57/year, quite a steal.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:31 am

I saw a rumor on Reddit that Chase has started sending new CSR holders Priority Pass cards with three-year validity that can be registered in the PP app. Not sure there's any truth to it, but I'm holding out hope.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KRSW
Granted, if you managed to pick up a United or American membership in 1982, that $2k works out to ~$57/year, quite a steal.
There is some thread on FT I read a long while ago, a brief search turned up nothing, but some posters were talking about the good deals that used to be had. I recall one person saying that they had a lifetime Admirals Club membership that had been converted from some very legacy acquisition like America West -> US -> AA and had bought a lifetime membership for a few hundred dollars in the 80s.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:44 am

Since there really isn't an official Priority Pass / forum to post this, I'll post it here:

MCO now has two The Clubs, the existing one in Terminal 4 (Gates 70-129) and a new one which opened yesterday in Terminal 1 (Gates 1-29). I'm not sure if you can get to Terminal 1 from Terminal 2 without having to re-clear security, as I'm always on the other side of the airport.

I also noticed a bunch of new Minute Suites have shown up in the latest PP app update. Minute Suites != lounge, but sometimes a quick nap is appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Has anyone been successful getting into a Priority Pass lounge by just providing their membership number (no card)? I called the Chase PP customer service number to ask when my PP Select card would arrive and they told me that I could call again to get the membership number in a few days and try using the number to get in clubs.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdsilver
Has anyone been successful getting into a Priority Pass lounge by just providing their membership number (no card)? I called the Chase PP customer service number to ask when my PP Select card would arrive and they told me that I could call again to get the membership number in a few days and try using the number to get in clubs.
I did have success in ATL and one the "The Club" locations. Wrote down my number and expiration date. Told the receptionist that my card hadn't arrived yet but would it be possible to enter my number manually. She was happy to do it. The only caveat is they weren't busy at all so YMMV if it is a busy time for them.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:09 pm

Possible to use PP Select at Chesapeake Lounge BWI

...if flying domestic out of A/B?

The PP website mentions the lounge being for terminal E international flights only, is that an additional requirement on top of the PP or does PP trump that?

Or, is the issue getting between terminal E and the more domestic terminal A/B?

Anyone know or have done this?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by phatbc
...if flying domestic out of A/B?

The PP website mentions the lounge being for terminal E international flights only, is that an additional requirement on top of the PP or does PP trump that?

Or, is the issue getting between terminal E and the more domestic terminal A/B?

Anyone know or have done this?

Many thanks!
ABC are connected airside, and DE are connected airside, but not ABC <-> DE. I have not tested entering one group with a BP for the other group so don't have any useful advice there but maybe other FTers do.

Note also the Chesapeake Lounge has very limited hours, and is exiting Priority Pass in May.

The D terminal lounge replacement may also be open in May.

Related FT thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mid-a...perator-4.html
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:10 am

Anyone know about Fort Lauderdale (FLL). ? It does not come up as having a lounge. When I google Amex comes up saying Platinum members can access Delta's lounge but does Sapphire Reserve have any alternatives at FLL?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
Anyone know about Fort Lauderdale (FLL). ? It does not come up as having a lounge. When I google Amex comes up saying Platinum members can access Delta's lounge but does Sapphire Reserve have any alternatives at FLL?
Please read your second sentence for the answer to your questions.

Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
As many option as Denver... NONE!

or pay delta $59 to enter.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Please read your second sentence for the answer to your questions.

Thank you.
But that doesn't answer question in my last sentence, Are there any other alternatives like Amex has?

Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Was surprised to see ZERO options at CLT, given the size of the airport (2nd largest AA Hub).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... Amex comes up saying Platinum members can access Delta's lounge...
Only when flying on Delta.

Chase, however, does not provide any other type of lounge access at any airport. It's Priority Pass or nothing.

Originally Posted by porphyra
... CLT, given the size of the airport (2nd largest AA Hub).
This is not a coincidence. AA, DL and UA no longer accept Priority Pass at any location. They need the capacity for their own passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.