Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by injera
Has anyone been able to access the application directly via Chase.com?

Also is Chase offering referral bonuses for this card? I'm received some in the past for referring friends to various cards. Have probably 7-8 friends i've convinced to sign up for the CSR card and it would be awesome if i could get a link to get 5,000 UR points for each referral or something.
I thought you couldn't officially refer until you were a cardholder of the card you are referring. And for me it usually takes about month after getting a Chase cc to be able to refer via the "refer a friend" site.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:19 am

Bummer. Have multiple Chase credit cards (2 Freedoms, Ink+, Ink Cash) and Checking (Total Checking, Total Business Checking), but no pre-qualified offer when I went into a branch this morning. EQ is 830 and EX is 780. I had EX frozen for the past week, but unfroze this morning.

I wonder how Chase determines who is pre-qualified? I was able to get an Ink+ a few months ago throuhg the pre-qualified route.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I ended up doing the online application, at 4/24 got pending status. Will give them a call this evening to see whats up, would happily drop some of my credit on other cards if necessary.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matto2786
I will. I eat out for lunch and dinner practically every day. I also fly to Cleveland from Charlotte several times per year, and to Vegas once or twice per year. Then factor in all of the other traveling that I do. This card will be well worth it for me.
If I were in your shoes I would do a HARD CALCULATION to see if the additional earnings would offset the Net AF, because there are other cards earn 2x dining (Ink Cash has no AF), and also other cards earn 3x in travel, or 3x on flights. Your flights dont seem anything significant just from the surface unless you fly pay tickets upfront.

It is the international premium cabin pay tickets / cruises / land tours, those would be the big money spend on travel and would well justify the Net AF. It needs $7500 travel spend earned at 3x to just break even on the calculation. ($150/0.02 = $7500) The incremental only starts from after $7500 travel spend. Other benefits are not impressive as already being discussed countless time.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:22 am

Instant Approval, $34K limit.

Prior to this, 2/24.
Been a Chase Sapphire Preferred customer for several years now. It was always my go-to card when not churning Citi AA Cards.
Credit Score: 800+
Also have CSP, Hyatt, Marriott, and Freedom
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:23 am

Applied and got instant approval.
Income: 102K
Credit Score: 801

1) My credit report showed JC Penny CC in Nov 2014 and
2) Costco Amex got converted to Citi Costco card.

Other than the above mentioned 2 points I have 4 credit cards in last 2 years.

So... Either Chase is not considering both (1) & (2) or they are approving borderline cases.

Regards,
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hyatt, Club Carlson, Avis
Originally Posted by coffee18
Congrats, what's your 5/24 status? Thanks for verifying.
I only had 3 credit card queries and new accounts in the last 24 months...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by ellinj
I ended up doing the online application, at 4/24 got pending status. Will give them a call this evening to see whats up, would happily drop some of my credit on other cards if necessary.
actually upon closer inspection of my credit report I am at 3/24 not including a a new car loan earlier this year. I do have an amex from 6/2014 that shouldn't be in the calculation. Interestingly experian does not show a pull yet on my credit monitoring.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:25 am

Instant approval, 28.5k (random number is random)

2/24 (maybe 3, too lazy to pull but definitely <5)
CSP, no other Chase relationship (reduced CSP limit last week in anticipation of this app)
FICO 800ish

Now, the real question: how long is it gonna take me to get a PLASTIC version of this card? I've had a plastic CSP for years and keep the metal one solely as an emergency ice scraper.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum + Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Vamsee

So... Either Chase is not considering both (1) & (2) or they are approving borderline cases.

Regards,
conversion likely is not a "new" card? don't quote me on that, though.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: Northwest, United

Regards,
Those two items would not have any impact on 5/24. It's only new credit cards (and store cards dont count). You were at/under 4/24.

Regards,
Forgot to mention. I also have a car loan. Looks like it was not considered.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just applied online via the link in this thread. APproved instantly for $33k.

No credit accounts opened in the last 2 years, so well under 5/24.
FICO around 750-800
TOtal income of me + Mr Gfunk is 225k
We rent

Odd thing is that I have a credit freeze on my account across all four reporting agencies. EquiFax's website kept giving me an error when I tried to lift it. Experian gave me a single-use PIN to give to a creditor, which I wasn't prompted for. So Chase must have used TransUnion, which let me do a blanket temporary lift for a week.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Looks as if the only hope for 5+/24'ers is to see if you're pre-approved in branch...even then it seems to be a toss-up.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
Basically same result that I had (3/24, roughly same FICO, higher income but also higher credit limit right now). Called and told to wait for the letter because he "couldn't get into my application". May try again later, but I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that the 5/24 people are being told immediately over the phone that they are denied while people like you and I are still sitting "pending". I'm also happy to move credit around, I have $36k on my CSP that I can drop to like $10k when I switch it to FU.

Does anybody have prior experience with pending due to address verification? both the banker in-branch and recon guy told me they thought that could be the reason. I don't understand why that can't be done in-branch, online, by fax or over the phone.
When I got the Ritz last year, I called recon and they gave me a fax number and I faxed them a utilities bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.