Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
i doubt most of their readers even know what 5/24 is, given the flood of interest and questions about it on reddit yesterday
That's true. I read through the comments on The Points Guy's FB yesterday, most certainly entertaining.

I guess now I'm faced with do I start churning the BOA Alaska card or wait until April when I'll be down to 4/25 and look into CSP or CSR.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hyatt, Club Carlson, Avis
Applied via [link] and approved - called to verify - offer was for the 100,000 after $4k spent in first 3 months.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:38 am

Has anyone been able to access the application directly via Chase.com?

Also is Chase offering referral bonuses for this card? I'm received some in the past for referring friends to various cards. Have probably 7-8 friends i've convinced to sign up for the CSR card and it would be awesome if i could get a link to get 5,000 UR points for each referral or something.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by djc205
Applied via [link] and approved - called to verify - offer was for the 100,000 after $4k spent in first 3 months.
Congrats, what's your 5/24 status? Thanks for verifying.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:40 am

If it's not on their site, how did someone get this URL?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Just applied via the link. Wife and I was approved instantly with 32k and 30k limit. I should be over the 5/24 rule and still got approved.

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Scary data point:
Declined. Credit score around 800. 6/24. Have Chase checking and savings.

Called recon and got down to 5/24 after removing AU account. Still declined.

I should not have gotten the Unlimited.

We'll see how Mrs. HighOPS does.
Suspended

Just got off line with reconsideration. Card Approved, but they told me they CAN'T EXPEDITE SHIPPING.

This is a real bummer as I need it in one week for vacation. Grrr.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upgrading Sapphire Preferred to Reserve?

I've had a Preferred for 5 years or so and want to upgrade to the Reserve. Is it better to apply to the Reserve as a new account, then cancel the Preferred, or to just call Chase and ask to change the card over?

Or does it matter?

I don't churn cards or do MS, so 5/24 and such won't be a concern.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Just got off line with reconsideration. Card Approved, but they told me they CAN'T EXPEDITE SHIPPING.

This is a real bummer as I need it in one week for vacation. Grrr.
What's your 5/24 situation?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I've had a Preferred for 5 years or so and want to upgrade to the Reserve. Is it better to apply to the Reserve as a new account, then cancel the Preferred, or to just call Chase and ask to change the card over?

Or does it matter?

Thanks!
If you're under 5/24 apply for the CSR for the 100K points. Wait until the annual fee comes up on the CSP and downgrade to the Freedom Unlimited.

If you're over 5/24 wait a while and see what results people get on here/Reddit to see if we can confirm that they're applying the 5/24 rule.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave

Or does it matter?

I don't churn cards or do MS, so 5/24 and such won't be a concern.

Thanks!
Upgrade would not get you bonus but still get you $450 fee, of course also the benefits. Still...

If you dont need to worry 5/24 why would you give up the 100K sign up bonus?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:49 am

Approved for $16,600. I believe I was at or over the 5/24. Opened CSP, PRG, Chase FU, and I was stupid enough to open a Firestone card in late 2014 that I paid off and a Best Buy card in November 2015. Also have two car loans, one with Chase the other BofA. 759 credit, $75k declared income, with about $200k liquid assets.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:50 am

Feeling pretty leery about applying this since I am a million/24. But I think I'll take a stab at it after my 10am meeting.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:50 am

Applied for myself (~25/24) and wife (exactly 5/24). Both applications got the 7-10 day language.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.