Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
I recently sent an SM to notify Chase of an impending foreign trip, and this is the SM they sent me:

"Hello, 747FC,

Let me share with you that we typically ask customers to
let us know when they're taking a trip, but because of
your history with us, you don't need to notify us when you
travel with these cards
ending in XXXX, XXXX, and XXXX.

when you're traveling:
--We continue to monitor your account for signs of fraud.
--We may decline a charge if we think someone else is
using your card.
"
Yeah I get the same message too on the SM on JPM Online. I also called in and they also said that I don't need to notify them for any of the cards since I have already been flagged as a frequent traveler.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
If I have a credit balance of $300 and want to withdraw $100 from a Chase ATM, would there be no interest or fees accrued? I know there is no cash advance fee, but I haven't heard about this scenario before...
Bump :-)
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Bump :-)
I'm pretty confident they would charge you the cash advance fees. Why not just call in and ask for them to cut you a check from the credit balance?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by United747
I'm pretty confident they would charge you the cash advance fees. Why not just call in and ask for them to cut you a check from the credit balance?
Its moot now, as I spent it, but I was just curious. Also, the terms have no fee, just interest. That's where I was wondering, how would they charge interest on a credit balance...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...how would they charge interest on a credit balance...
Look at a statement and note that Cash Advances are tracked separately from Purchases. The system uses different rules (e.g. no grace period, perhaps a different interest rate) to calculate finance charges on the Cash Advance category.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
Look at a statement and note that Cash Advances are tracked separately from Purchases. The system uses different rules (e.g. no grace period, perhaps a different interest rate) to calculate finance charges on the Cash Advance category.
So the credit balance would not be applied? If not, how do you apply a payment to a purchase vs. cash advance?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
So the credit balance would not be applied? If not, how do you apply a payment to a purchase vs. cash advance?
IIRC, the CARD Act says payments go towards highest interest first. So that would be the cash advance.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:21 pm

Sorry for the newb question, but how do I go about applying for this card as a CPB client? I SMed my account manager and never heard back. Rather not deal with him as I feel like I can just call someone else about this and the process would be faster. Is there a number I should call for this? Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Sorry for the newb question, but how do I go about applying for this card as a CPB client? I SMed my account manager and never heard back. Rather not deal with him as I feel like I can just call someone else about this and the process would be faster. Is there a number I should call for this? Thanks
Need to be with JPM Private Bank, not Chase Private Client. You also need around 10m in assets.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by comptalk
You also need around 10m in assets.
I wish. Only at 6.5 M.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I wish. Only at 6.5 M.
My heart bleeds for your misfortune. lol
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858
Yeah I get the same message too on the SM on JPM Online. I also called in and they also said that I don't need to notify them for any of the cards since I have already been flagged as a frequent traveler.
I was told this but my card kept getting declined when I was in Mexico. Finally after the 3rd call everything was then approved -_-.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is there any truth to the rumor that the UC benefit will be grandfathered for existing customers and will not be offered to new JPM-R cardholders? If so this is a huge devaluation for new customers.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....will-ever-get/

Originally Posted by Clayfu
Cancun's airport wouldn't let me in. Same as Alaska Airlines in Seattle. LAX alaska Airlines is now 1per card.
This has nothing to do with Chase but rather the size limitations of the individual lounges. CUN is very small (and IMHO fairly worthless) and always packed (at least on Saturdays at prime time). Last time I visited CUN I brought 3 guests, no problemo. AS has been cutting back access at many airports as its own business has grown, particularly with the addition of VX customers. Last time I visited CUN I brought 3 guests, no problemo.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Is there any truth to the rumor that the UC benefit will be grandfathered for existing customers and will not be offered to new JPM-R cardholders? If so this is a huge devaluation for new customers.

JPMR gets the same unpublished UC membership benefit.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo

I read your comment on the linked blog. I thought all of those Pd cardholders were supposed to be autoconverted months ago.

I wonder if JPM will now go through all of those JPMR cards and drop those that don't have a valid CPC/PB relationship like another poster mentioned his coverage team told him a few months ago. If that's the case, then hopefully they can start personally tailoring the benefits to those of us with JPMPB (such as allowing us which US3 airline lounge membership we would like instead of the default UC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.