Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old May 15, 2017, 5:33 pm

I found an expired offer for 140,000 points instead of the free nights.

Personally I would rather have the points instead of the free nights, does the point offer come around every so often ?

Thanks

Last edited by flyer4512; May 15, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I found an expired offer for 140,000 points instead of the free nights.

Personally I would rather have the points instead of the free nights, doe the point offer come around every so often ?

Thanks
Last time I saw this offer was 2015. I think most everyone would rather take the points.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:12 am
MTY

Are there any very recent DP's (ie last 2 weeks) on people matching via SecureMessage to the "3 Free Night" offer that had expired at the end of 2016? I saw posts from mid-April 2017 that people were still having success then, looking for recent updates as I've got my eye on this card.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:15 am

How quickly did you guys receive PPS membership in mail? I am flying May 31st. Ritz card is being delivered tomorrow.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by MTY
Are there any very recent DP's (ie last 2 weeks) on people matching via SecureMessage to the "3 Free Night" offer that had expired at the end of 2016? I saw posts from mid-April 2017 that people were still having success then, looking for recent updates as I've got my eye on this card.
I'm going to try in a couple days. Curious about this as well. Will update if it works for me!
Old May 16, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MTY
Usually the award match only happens if it's within 90d of a prior award but pls keep us posted. Thanks
Old May 16, 2017, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sig05
Last time I saw this offer was 2015. I think most everyone would rather take the points.
Not me. I got the 3 free nights and cashed them in at the Ritz San Francisco. SF luxury hotels are very expensive so this is a nice treat.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by MTY
Got approved on the 8th, SM'd the same day, and was told I'd get the 3FN after spending $5k.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by bjones2571
SWA definitely works. Got all $300 of my credit after buying gift cards and claiming them as oversized/excess baggage fees. Did them in $75, $150, $75 increments over the month of April. called in each time and CSR didn't bat an eye at it.
Assuming you just simply bought them via the SW website?

Originally Posted by Xearoii
How quickly did you guys receive PPS membership in mail? I am flying May 31st. Ritz card is being delivered tomorrow.
Roughtly 1-2 weeks after receipt of card. I bet you'll be fine.

Last edited by mia; May 17, 2017 at 1:20 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
$25 credit for using Apple Pay

Not sure if this is targeted, but I don't see any disclaimers about it being available only for select accounts. There was a link to this page in the Chase app. I did not previously have this card registered for Apple Pay. Requires five purchases by June 15.

https://www.chase.com/digital/digita...offer-campaign
Old May 17, 2017, 5:42 am

When booking via Visa Discount Air website I don't see an option for lap infant. I choose 2 people. Plug in my wife and I, but can't choose we are traveling with our daughter. Any way around this?
Old May 17, 2017, 8:20 am

They matched the 3 FN. Said they will honor it. Spend $5k and get 3 FN. Said to SM them once I hit $5k.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Carl
Not sure if this is targeted, but I don't see any disclaimers about it being available only for select accounts. There was a link to this page in the Chase app. I did not previously have this card registered for Apple Pay. Requires five purchases by June 15.

https://www.chase.com/digital/digita...offer-campaign

Any websites folks recommend with tiny transaction amounts?
Where you can use Apple Pay

Can You top up iTunes via Apple Pay? I think those go thru as online purchases.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2017, 1:06 pm
MTY

Originally Posted by Xearoii
They matched the 3 FN. Said they will honor it. Spend $5k and get 3 FN. Said to SM them once I hit $5k.

Xearoii, thanks for the quick update and congrats on the match! If you don't mind sharing, what was the exact phrasing of your request?
Old May 17, 2017, 4:36 pm

I didn't spend 10k to keep my gold for the second year, does anyone know if I spend 10k this year, when will I receive gold again? Will it be after I finish spending of have to wait for beginning of the third year? thanks,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.