Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mia
American Express does not restrict Delta lounge entry based on the card used to purchase the ticket.
Gotcha.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:16 am

It would be great if we can get Hyatt Diamond from a certain amount of card spend like the Ritz Carlton.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Sending a huge thank you to the OP for posting info about this possible new Chase card. Having just moved to PHX, my husband and I have been poised to apply for Southwest cc's, and were about to pull the trigger on apps, but now we're going to wait and see what this new Chase card might be. Can always move forward with the WN apps later if the new card doesn't suit us, but 100,000 UR points will no doubt suit us just fine should the features of the new card hold high appeal. Thanks again, OP, and FT.

Last edited by Tpa-flyer; Jul 26, 2016 at 11:49 am
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:45 am

Doctor of Credit is reporting that this card will become available on August 21st, and that the signup bonus will be 100K UR points.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:47 am

The card sounds GREAT, but how many of us can get it if it falls under 5/24?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
That answer might be impacted by how long the initial bonus offers remain available. (The "last 24 months" will vary from applicant to applicant I assume.)
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:52 am

Me
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:00 pm

Instead of spending requirement for top tier status at Chase preferred hotel chains (Hyatt, IHG, Marriott), they should do something similar to high end airline cards.

1. Get top tier Diamond status at Hyatt after 10 stays/25 nights.
2. Get top tier Platinum status at Marriott after 10 stays/25 nights.
3. Get top tier Spire status at IHG after 10 stays/25 nights.

For those who already have top tier status with these chains, it's a no cost benefit to Chase. For those who are otherwise not bothered with hotel chains, these chains will suddenly get some extra traffic from high end chase customers. Win win for everyone. These guys don't stay at hotel chains that much to begin with so it wouldn't dilute the status at the hotel anyway.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
A premium chase card would be amazing! I can ditch my Amex Platinum and stop paying for a United Club membership since it will most likely include United Club access (yes, i know access and membership is different).

I'm hoping this is true!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:09 pm
Suspended

I actually wonder about this. Since it's a premium card most of the public won't be interested because of the AF.

If they implement 5/24, it's knocking another large group of people which leaves the amount of people who can even get approved rather small. I'm thinking maybe the 5/24 won't be in place right away for the launch.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Personally, I'd love this card to have 1.5x for all transactions, plus 2-3x on travel dining (effectively combining the FU and CSP), that would add some value to me (in addition to the other benefits mentioned above). Now I think it's unlikely they'll do that, but I can dream.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:43 pm

I wonder if this new card will be available only to CPC.

My post in the Palladium Card thread:

Originally Posted by Troopers
FWIW, yesterday, my CPC advisor said that a new more competitive credit pcard will be available to CPC late this year.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvcore
Lastly it will have 3X UR Points Per Dollar for travel.
With travel defined how?

The Citi Premier (only $95/year, and waived the first year) offer 3x TYP on travel, and touts itself as the card with "a broader definition of travel". It can (if it codes correctly) include stuff like parking, gas, local commuter transportation, tour providers, etc, etc. (Obviously, some local commuter stuff codes as "government services" and some small tour providers code haphazardly, so not every provider who "seems to be" in those categories gives a 3x travel bonus.)

(I don't have the Citi Prestige and am not familiar with it enough to know if it has the same "broad" definition of travel as the Citi Premier.)

Meanwhile, by comparison, Amex has a very narrow definition of "travel" in its travel bonus category.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
I haven't posted in a while, but I think we are all approaching this wrong
I think I know the one thing that is being overlooked
All Chase really has to do is introduce pretty much the same benefits as all the other cards (citi, amex etc) but offer an anniversary renewal bonus of 30 to 50k UR.... need I say more.. .. simple but deadly.
This would not only satisfy the "FTer types" but also "Average Joe " who would get access to premium benefits but also a "guaranteed " flight or hotel stay, all for paying $450, now that's a pretty good deal

Last edited by rgAAFT; Jul 26, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:27 pm

All Chase really has to do is introduce pretty much the same benefits as all the other cards (citi, amex etc) but offer an anniversary renewal bonus of 30 to 50k UR.... need I say more.. .. simple but deadly.
This would not only satisfy the "FTer types" but also "Average Joe " who would get access to premium benefits but also a "guaranteed " flight or hotel stay, all for paying $450, now that's a pretty good deal
That anniversary bonus only makes sense for chase if it's tied to a high annual spend. Since one UR point is worth one cent it doesn't make a lick of sense to offer 300-500 dollars back on top of an initial sign up bonus that will be worth at least 1000 dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.