Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/24 Chase & non-Chase churning strategy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Wasn't Chase changing the terms of the WN CP to not count credit card spend?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Do you have a good list of those? I've already gotten most of the Business bonuses on Amex cards (once per lifetime).
As already noted above:
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Citi only has the AA Business card, right?
Wrong. And the details are in post 1 of that thread.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:27 pm

I have two Chase Business cards and they don't show up under credit Karma. Does that mean business cards are excluded from 5/24 rule? or business cards from other banks won't be visible to Chase and vise versa meaning the chase business cards will not be visible to other banks but chase can still see all cards offered by them.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gitangali
I have two Chase Business cards and they don't show up under credit Karma. Does that mean business cards are excluded from 5/24 rule? or business cards from other banks won't be visible to Chase and vise versa meaning the chase business cards will not be visible to other banks but chase can still see all cards offered by them.
I think it means the latter: Chase can see all the cards (business and personal) issued by them, and NOT (as we all mostly agree) business cards issued by non-Chase banks. So it we go with this, then Chase business cards DO matter to 5/24 because Chase can see who many Chase cards (business and personal) you've opened in the past 24 months. I think Flyertalk members and their datapoints are the best anecdotal evidence we can go on, since Chase doesn't publish an official list of what cards do and do not count to 5/24 (or I haven't seen anything official).
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Originally Posted by osotoc
I think it means the latter: Chase can see all the cards (business and personal) issued by them, and NOT (as we all mostly agree) business cards issued by non-Chase banks. So it we go with this, then Chase business cards DO matter to 5/24 because Chase can see who many Chase cards (business and personal) you've opened in the past 24 months. I think Flyertalk members and their datapoints are the best anecdotal evidence we can go on, since Chase doesn't publish an official list of what cards do and do not count to 5/24 (or I haven't seen anything official).
Well, there are at least 2 datapoints in the past few months in the "applying for Chase cards" thread from people who would have been at 6/24 (clear denial) if their Chase business cards they got in the past 2 years had counted, but at 4/24 if those Chase business cards weren't counted, and they got approved for new Chase cards (subject to 5/24) as if they were at 4/24.

So that implies that at least on "instant" processing (solely computer processing) and some agent processing of applications, Chase doesn't bother to look at your Chase business accounts, and only goes by what they find on your credit report.

Now, that could of course change at any time, and it could of course be different for people whose application is "heavily" reviewed by one or more humans before a final decision is made, but so far we have two datapoints where Chase business cards didn't count and no clear datapoints where Chase business cards did count. (Keep in mind that getting approved at exactly 5/24 is a coin toss, so you need to have the difference ge between no more than 4/24 without Chase business cards counted and at least 6/24 with Chase business cards counted to have a meaningful datapoint. So those people who only applied for one Chase business card in the past 24 months can't provide meaningful datapoints for this question.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 16, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.