Wiki Posts
Search

Chase UR Private Dinner Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Chase UR Private Dinner Experiences

Surprised there isn't already a thread for this.
Chase Ultimate Rewards offers the option to use your points (or pay cash) for "Experiences", which get classified into the following categories:

Arts and Entertainment
Culinary and Wine
Sports and Leisure

I purchased two tickets to one of the Culinary experiences - specifically the "Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature Private Dinner -- Acadia" in Chicago. It was generally described as a group dinner with chef and sommelier appearance, including wine pairings, tax/tip, and some other side perks (free valet, coat check). No details on the menu were provided. Cost = $195/person or 19,500 UR pts/person.

Overall, the experience was nice but not unique or special in any way.
Food was tasty, wine pairings went well with food but not remarkable on their own, service was decent but a little disorganized. Chef and sommelier gave brief speech in beginning, then disappeared and never came by to talk with guests. Menu was 4 courses over a period of 2 hrs, which is kind of slow.

Acadia has 2 Michelin stars, so I can't imagine the restaurant is desperate for diners.. which might explain why the experience wasn't very unique/special (Acadia has a 5 course menu for a similar price).

In the future, I would probably avoid purchasing this Chase UR experience unless the restaurant was extremely popular (thus hard to get a regular booking) and/or the price was better. Given the seating arrangement of group dining, I feel bad for the couples who thought this would be a private affair (as a "private dinner").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.