Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
No trigger.

Virtually everyone I know got that offer starting noon yesterday. DH and a friend got it around the same time. I and 3 friends got it this morning.

All of us have linked our SPG accounts the first week it was possible. That was Sept 2016 IIRC.
I'm Marriott Gold, SPG Gold and have 2 Chase personal cards and 2 biz. Not targeted and was planning on applying for this card soon anyway. Suggestions for getting targeted?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
Husband-wife owned business with EIN. Can we both apply and get the bonus for the Marriot business card if we use our own SS numbers but same EIN? I know Chase allowed this with Southwest cards a few years ago, but Capital One did not, stated only 1 card per EIN. We each have our own Marriot rewards accounts.
update...My wife and I were both approved for Marriot business card under the same EIN. I was told that we could each get the bonus.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Since the SPG and Marriott cards effectively give the same signup bonuses now (35,000 SPG points = 105,000 Marriott points), which card would be best to prioritize for someone who can probably only do the minimum spend on one of them at a time? IIRC AmEx's offer expires at the beginning of next month while I apparently have until May for the Chase offer per the email I received.

In other words, is the 100K offer likely to become permanent at some point?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tmiw
Since the SPG and Marriott cards effectively give the same signup bonuses now (35,000 SPG points = 105,000 Marriott points), which card would be best to prioritize for someone who can probably only do the minimum spend on one of them at a time? IIRC AmEx's offer expires at the beginning of next month while I apparently have until May for the Chase offer per the email I received.

In other words, is the 100K offer likely to become permanent at some point?
Either offer could be extended past its current expiration date. Nobody here knows.

The SPG Amex will go away at some point as the programs merge; that much is fairly certain. On that basis I suggest grabbing the SPG Amex first. The MR Visa offer may drop back to 80k points by the time you get to it, but at least some offer is certain still to be there.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
100,000 + 7500 AU offer for MR personal card is now a public offer.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...D=187853214930
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by theplayer
update...My wife and I were both approved for Marriot business card under the same EIN. I was told that we could each get the bonus.
Nice
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Business Card Offer

I see the same public 80k offer on Business card.. Here's hoping they come out with 100k offer for Business Marriott card too!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
I see the same public 80k offer on Business card.. Here's hoping they come out with 100k offer for Business Marriott card too!
I'm really hoping for this as well. That I would surely jump on.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by navatwal
I haven't planned on a new CC in the next 6 months but this could get me to change my plans.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I met the minimum spend before 2nd statement closed on March 26. But only the points based on the spend itself posted (in addition to points from AU during 1st statement). Is there any way to expedite the posting of the 80,000 bonus? I tried calling Chase but they said they couldn't expedite it.

Min spend was met with a $4000 purchase that posted around 10 days before the 2nd statement closed.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I met the minimum spend before 2nd statement closed on March 26. But only the points based on the spend itself posted (in addition to points from AU during 1st statement). Is there any way to expedite the posting of the 80,000 bonus? I tried calling Chase but they said they couldn't expedite it.

Min spend was met with a $4000 purchase that posted around 10 days before the 2nd statement closed.
It might be Marriott's issue in delaying posting the sign up bonus. Is the bonus on your Chase statement? If it is there, then it is Marriott playing shenanigan, and not the first time Marriott did that. You would then fight this with Marriott.

If it is not on Chase statement then nothing you can do but wait till next statement.

Last year Marriott did not post a bonus on my husband's biz card even the bonus was shown on Chase statement. Chase said it should have posted, while Marriott claimed Chase told us wrong. It took several back and forth, including sending Marriott the SM reply from Chase that the bonus should be in husband's account, then a Marriott manager reluctantly manually posting it but still claimed Chase misinformed us.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Happy
It might be Marriott's issue in delaying posting the sign up bonus. Is the bonus on your Chase statement? If it is there, then it is Marriott playing shenanigan, and not the first time Marriott did that. You would then fight this with Marriott.

If it is not on Chase statement then nothing you can do but wait till next statement.

Last year Marriott did not post a bonus on my husband's biz card even the bonus was shown on Chase statement. Chase said it should have posted, while Marriott claimed Chase told us wrong. It took several back and forth, including sending Marriott the SM reply from Chase that the bonus should be in husband's account, then a Marriott manager reluctantly manually posting it but still claimed Chase misinformed us.
It's not with Chase even. Big bummer then as I will have to buy the points needed.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:29 pm

Anyone have any issues applying for Marriott biz and personal at once (same day)?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Anyone have any issues applying for Marriott biz and personal at once (same day)?
Ack. I think that's risky. Since personal and biz are separate hard pulls, why not space it out. But if you're set on doing this: If you are 3/24 or less, I'd do biz first then personal, b/c biz are harder IMO (mine are never instantly approved whereas my personals are always). If 4/24 or more, then do personal first, since biz doesn't fall under 5/24.

Unless you need all those bonus points quickly, I'd wait on the biz version. It's not subject to 5/24 and so you can always do it later.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
I was approved for this card early March under the 80K promo. Called Chase couple of days ago asking them if they will give me the 100K since I barely opened the account. Rep told me to call back once I meet the 5K spend within 3mo and they will honor the 100K bonus by giving me the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.