Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:24 pm

Marriott Rewards Credit Card

Question - i tried searching for an answer and didn't see anything on it. So apologize if duplicated.

But - Does the Marriott Rewards credit card ever have the benefits of gold status when signing up? Not sure if I should wait or jump on the current deal.

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:39 pm

No. Gotta get the Ritz for that
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:34 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Marriott Rewards Credit Card

No, but if you spend $102,000 on it you get gold.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:21 am

Subscribed for when the 1st year free night comes back.

When did the last free night offer expire?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
Subscribed for when the 1st year free night comes back.

When did the last free night offer expire?
In July 2015 I applied for and received 80,000 bonus points, 1st year annual fee waived, 1-4 certificate first year and 1-5 subsequent years on anniversary.

I had no idea it would end just a month or two after that and just got really lucky. I don't recall if it had an "offer expires" date or not.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
In July 2015 I applied for and received 80,000 bonus points, 1st year annual fee waived, 1-4 certificate first year and 1-5 subsequent years on anniversary.

I had no idea it would end just a month or two after that and just got really lucky. I don't recall if it had an "offer expires" date or not.
Yes, that is the exact offer I'm after, and I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on that great offer.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie

I thought the 80K has AF? while the 70K didn't? because there were discussions on that essentially one was paying for the additional 10K while not even getting the Cat 4 cert, not that the cert is worth much as it is quite difficult to find a Cat 4 property in many people's travel.

Or may the 70K was for the business card... as that was what spouse got.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I thought the 80K has AF? while the 70K didn't? because there were discussions on that essentially one was paying for the additional 10K while not even getting the Cat 4 cert, not that the cert is worth much as it is quite difficult to find a Cat 4 property in many people's travel.

Or may the 70K was for the business card... as that was what spouse got.
There are always different offers floating around - mine was exactly as I said, annual fee waived, 80,000 pts, 1-4 first year, 1-5 subsequent.

Made my first purchase 7-24-15 so probably got approved about a week or two before that.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, that is the exact offer I'm after, and I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on that great offer.
The 80K offer will be back and I'm patiently waiting.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
No. Gotta get the Ritz for that
Does Marriott recognize Ritz Carlton Gold as Marriott Gold classification for lounge access?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kenjidm
Does Marriott recognize Ritz Carlton Gold as Marriott Gold classification for lounge access?
Yes. Underneath the cosmetic branding, they are essentially the same rewards program.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
The 80K offer will be back and I'm patiently waiting.
Fingers crossed you're right.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Fingers crossed you're right.
Crossing toes too. 85K Hh via the Surpass card doesn't excite me as much as 80K Marriott.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Crossing toes too. 85K Hh via the Surpass card doesn't excite me as much as 80K Marriott.
Yup.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:06 pm

I just took a survey about credit cards (it's a panel thing I signed up for years and years ago) and it was about a Marriott 80k offer. The AF wasn't waived, at least on the sample ad they showed me. I don't know how long these things take from testing ads to reality, but it looks like it's at least in the works.

When they asked what I didn't like about it, I said that it didn't seem like the AF was waived for at least the first year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.