Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Just an FYI...
I am well within 24 months of opening other cards, but thought I'd try the Reserve Saphire application a few months ago. Denied.
Then I tried the Marriott card this month. Denied.

I have excellent credit, so I can only assume that Chase is very strict with its 24 month rule, and thus my declines. At least for me, although I see many others have gotten lucky.
So, just to be clear, you were already at 5/24 (or more) on other cards at the time of the apps?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
So, just to be clear, you were already at 5/24 (or more) on other cards at the time of the apps?
Yes, that is correct. I have a Chase banking account, and I sat down with a rep who told me it was "worth a try" for me to apply, even though I told her I was within 5/24. I tried and was denied.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I got an offer in the mail today for 5X on all purchases in the first year (up to $30K) + 7,500 points for the first purchase by an AU. Looks like I'd still get the free category 1-5 night stay every year after the first year and the 15 elite credits/year with this offer. Also, there's no AF the first year either ($85/yr after of course).

Anyway, I'm curious to see whether this is targeted or if this is going to be the new public offer. 157,500 Marriott points over the course of the first year sounds pretty good in any case.

EDIT: actually, I'm not sure this particular offer still gives the elite credit per $3K in spend. Maybe it's not as good as I first thought.

Last edited by tmiw; Feb 3, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:37 am

Chase - Marriott Card

Good Morning. I'm not sure I am posting this in the appropriate place.

I applied last week for the Chase Mariott 80,000 Business Card. I was not automatically approved. I am trying to get the SW companion pass and transfer these 80,000 pts. to SW before March 31.

I have been checking my Chase business account and the card has not appeared. My question is....should I call to see if I can get it pushed through...or just wait it out? Thanks!!!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iamamy

I applied last week for the Chase Mariott 80,000 Business Card. I was not automatically approved. I am trying to get the SW companion pass and transfer these 80,000 pts. to SW before March 31.

I have been checking my Chase business account and the card has not appeared. My question is....should I call to see if I can get it pushed through...or just wait it out? Thanks!!!
Since you are in a hurry I would call one of the #s at the bottom of the WIKI in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html Usually they just ask a few questions about your business:Income, Future income, Sales, etc.

Try the first two numbers & then the forth one if you aren't automatically approved.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iamamy

Originally Posted by philemer
Since you are in a hurry I would call one of the #s at the bottom of the WIKI in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html Usually they just ask a few questions about your business:Income, Future income, Sales, etc.

Try the first two numbers & then the forth one if you aren't automatically approved.
I'd be prepared for a serious grilling. It may be that they just want a quick verification or they may want your first born. I'm kidding. But not kidding. I've had awful calls w/ Chase. Always got approved ultimately but the calls can be kind of demoralizing.

Have your business type, income, type of expenses, etc. ready to defend.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Starwood Hotels Stay

I read somewhere, that when you use your Marriott credit card at an Starwood hotel, you earn the same as you would if you had stayed at Marriott hotel. 5 points per $. I got my statement and only one point per $ spent. Anyone can send me to a link or did I just read it in my mind?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kaaria
...Marriott credit card at an Starwood hotel, you earn the same as you would if you had stayed at Marriott hotel. 5 points per $....
Correct. Discussion here in Marriott forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...city-wood.html

Problems arise in both directions because the card issuers' databases do not yet recognize every property. You probably won't have much difficult getting Chase to make a manual adjustment for a specific transaction.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:42 pm

Got an offer in the mail today for a Marriott visa and first $30k gets 5X - any purchase.

Is this sort of deal pretty common? Would like to focus on other chase cards before springing for this.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Got an offer in the mail today for a Marriott visa and first $30k gets 5X - any purchase.

Is this sort of deal pretty common? Would like to focus on other chase cards before springing for this.
It seems to be fairly novel, but most of us don't think it's all that appealing. See this post & the replies.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:08 pm

I hear you - I agree.

Separately, i also got a 2FN at a cat 1-8 after spending $3k in first 3 months.

They are ramping up the solicitations!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Separately, i also got a 2FN at a cat 1-8 after spending $3k in first 3 months.
!
Could you possibly fill in the blanks regarding the other details of your offer, i.e. annual fee charged or waived, add'l points for AU, etc.? Also, was there an invitation code on the offer! Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:26 am

Other details:

$85 AF
15 elite night credits annually
7500 bonus pts for AU
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:10 pm

In case anyone curious for a recent data point on the business card:

I'm a churner, way past 5/24. So I decided to try for Chase Marriott Business. I used my name, SSN, sole proprietor, etc.

Applied 2/16 got a 30 day message, approved 2/23 with an email.

Earlier in the week before applying I canceled my Chase Disney to get my Chase cards down to 3 total (Hyatt, IHG and Freedom). Earlier in the year I canceled my Southwest (after the anniversary miles posted). On personal cards they have sometimes fussed at me over the number of cards, I had to close my Marriott personal card to get my Southwest card.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:32 pm

I just got the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature Card and am trying to get to the 3K spend within 90 days to get the 80k bonus points. What is the best way to pay your mortgage with this card? I checked out Plastiq but not sure if anyone has been able to use this card with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage before. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.