Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by danola
I noticed the Business Card does not give you the 15 nights credit, a disappointment if you need more nights than points for Lifetime Platinum.
This is not correct.

As discussed in the wiki, however, it is true that having the biz card on top of a personal card won't give you another 15 nights.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:17 am

All,

Yesterday someone deleted the entry for an offer in the wiki because the landing page had died, failing to notice that the app page is still working. (There's a reason we compile both types of links, people.) I've restored the relevant entry.

Please don't edit the wiki unless you know what you're doing--and even then, please post a notice in the thread if you make any non-trivial changes. Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:43 pm

Any data point about the 5/24 and Marriott 100k business offer? I am over 5/24 and wondering if there is any chance that I can get the Marriott business card?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bestwood
Any data point about the 5/24 and Marriott 100k business offer? I am over 5/24 and wondering if there is any chance that I can get the Marriott business card?
Yes, I was initially denied, stating too many inquiries and cards recently opened. I assumed they were looking at personal as well as business and personal is well over the 5/24 rule. Business is not.

Called reconsideration line stating that I have three business cards open in last 2 years only. Ink and United business card. I'm incorporated, legitimate business EIN, Chase has documents supporting Corp. The gentleman was able to move some credit off the United card, and it was done. I'm not sure specifically what the reason was, can only guess they realized I was in the parameters business wise.

I'm curious if anyone's applied under 80k bonus but got them to do 100k with the change? Two days after applying it went up to 100k.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:51 pm

I posted this in the Applying for Chase Cards Thread:

-----
Marriott Business Card 80K for 3K spend offer
At application date I was at 22/24
Applied 4/10/16
30 day message
Sat on hands, did not call
Approved 4/21, received card a few days later

After I saw the new offer about 3 weeks after getting the card I messaged them to say I'd be happy to spend the extra 2K for the new 100K offer. They kindly obliged.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:55 pm

I got the personal version card 70K points in 2014 August. <24 months.
Will this limit me to get the business card 100K points?
It says you cannot get this offer if you got the bonus within 24 months, but not sure in my case, one was personal card, and this one is business card
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ziwei
I got the personal version card 70K points in 2014 August. <24 months.
Will this limit me to get the business card 100K points?
It says you cannot get this offer if you got the bonus within 24 months, but not sure in my case, one was personal card, and this one is business card
Read the Wiki and other posts like many FT members have done before you.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Yes, I was initially denied, stating too many inquiries and cards recently opened. I assumed they were looking at personal as well as business and personal is well over the 5/24 rule. Business is not.
What was the date of application, though? Chase did not begin applying the 5/24 rule to partner cards until quite recently.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
It was 3-4 weeks ago, after that change I believe, wasn't it mid April?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:41 am

No, new rule went into effect for (some) co-branded cards sometime around 5/23 or 5/24. If you'd been pending for 2-3 weeks you were not under these new rules for co-branded.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:08 am

Hey bestwood, I made my post yesterday before seeing the info in the Applying for Chase Card thread about probable expansion of the 5/24 rule to some co-branded cards after May 22nd. Be sure to review the latest few pages in that thread and of course the wiki if you haven't already.

That may be why you made your post but I just wanted to make sure you knew about that master thread on Chase cards.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:53 pm

I'm curious if anyone's applied under 80k bonus but got them to do 100k with the change? Two days after applying it went up to 100k.

Has anyone been successful with doing this and how if so?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Has anyone been successful with doing this and how if so?
I applied in March and requested a match to 100k via SM last week. They agreed to it but said I had to get to $5k spend to satisfy the 100k offer (since the 80k offer only required $3k)
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
there are several data points on reddit and docofcredit sites that seem to suggest people with more than 5/24 (applying after may 22) are getting approved for the business card (of course it could be the same people reporting on both, but i'm seeing 6 data points, which at minimum is 3 different people if they reported on both).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anone been approved for the 100,000 business card offer; received the card and complied with the spending requirement only to find out that you can be issued the card but not be entitled to the points offer because you received a similar card and earned bonus points previously within the 24 month period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.