Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:35 pm

Thanks! For some reason on my app it only said Ritz-Carlton...
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:11 am

Confirmed I moved my credit over leaving 1395 on the credit(couldn't move the 395 over because they billed my annual fee prior to me getting the card) and one day later got the annual reversed even after the rep said I couldn't get waived.

Todays date 08/04/2016
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Anybody know where I can find the trip delay and auto rental coverage information?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
https://www.chasebenefits.com/ritzcarltonVW1
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Club level success?

Is there a thread where people can list when/where they've used the club level upgrades? It would be good to see where you can get the best value. I looked in this forum and the Marriott/RC one but didn't see anything.

For me - I'm happy with a res I have coming up. Staying at the Amelia Island for four nights, booked $313 base rate but used upgrade and got $620 club room. $300/night - total $1200 value seems very good to me. I guess you can easily argue the club is not worth $300 premium - but that's the rate.

If there is a more appropriate thread - please re-direct me.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Governator
Is there a thread where people can list when/where they've used the club level upgrades? It would be good to see where you can get the best value. I looked in this forum and the Marriott/RC one but didn't see anything.

For me - I'm happy with a res I have coming up. Staying at the Amelia Island for four nights, booked $313 base rate but used upgrade and got $620 club room. $300/night - total $1200 value seems very good to me. I guess you can easily argue the club is not worth $300 premium - but that's the rate.

If there is a more appropriate thread - please re-direct me.
I've used it at Amelia Island several times - they have a nice club lounge and the food is excellent.

My list of successfully used certs: Amelia Island, Orlando Grande Lakes, Aruba, Grand Cayman, New Orleans, and Coconut Grove. Best value was probably Aruba when we went last summer - saved over 2k on a 5-night stay.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...st-2016-a.html

Last edited by mia; Aug 11, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.