Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 9:45 pm

No, 140k offer has been gone for about a year now. While the annual fee trick did work in the past, I thought I read reports online (I think it was over at MyFico?? I can't recall) where Chase would no longer lower the limit below $x amount.

But then I posted this a couple pages back, and someone claimed it still worked for them. I don't know about this.... I guess it's still up in the air, but it's totally YMMV scenario.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA
So, ok wait. I just discovered this card and let me see if I get this right...

$395 AF in Year 1 is waived if I move my CL to $1500 or below due to the law that says AF can't be more than 25% of CL. Possibly waived in subsequent years too if CL is left at $1500??? (which is fine by me as I would barely use this card)

$300 Airline credit, while more restrictive, is based off of calender year. So if I applied today I wold get $600 in credits before I even came up for renewal.

Is the 140,000K options still available?

If the AF is being consistently refunded why isn't this the card everyone talks about. It almost seems too good to be true, free $300 every year with no AF?
To keep the deal going or more likely because there isn't a referral bonus available for bloggers?

Yes, it still works as of this week. Other Chase cards with a high annual fee don't allow low enough credit limits but this one does.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dukie570
To keep the deal going or more likely because there isn't a referral bonus available for bloggers?

Yes, it still works as of this week. Other Chase cards with a high annual fee don't allow low enough credit limits but this one does.
I might go for it then. Would you recommend lowering the CL immediately or wait until the annual fee posts?
Old May 20, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA
I might go for it then. Would you recommend lowering the CL immediately or wait until the annual fee posts?
Depends on your spend patterns and how quickly you want to reach the $3k for the 2 free nights. Some people are hesitant to recycle credit limits on a chase card. I waited until after I met the spend and paid off the card to do it, but if you're worried they will change their ways, do it sooner.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:05 am

I waited until after I met the spend and paid off the card to do it.
+1

I've met my spend in the first cycle and then lowered the CL in the second cycle. The AF posted on the first statement.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:37 am

Depends on your spend patterns and how quickly you want to reach the $3k for the 2 free nights. Some people are hesitant to recycle credit limits on a chase card. I waited until after I met the spend and paid off the card to do it, but if you're worried they will change their ways, do it sooner.
You mentioned a 3k spend but the best I see is 4K. Was that a typo on your end or are you aware of a 3k offer? Thanks
Old May 20, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
You mentioned a 3k spend but the best I see is 4K. Was that a typo on your end or are you aware of a 3k offer? Thanks

There used to be a $3k offer that still worked but AFAIK all links now revert to the $4k offer.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi just curious anyone applied after 5/22 and still get this card? Wonder if the 5/24 rule is on this also. Thanks
Old May 31, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I called the Exec Line with a question about whether the AU accounts on Lounge Club would auto renew their Lounge club memberships (they will) and thought to ask about whether they are going back to Priority Pass. The representative said they were. I asked about roll out date and she was unsure.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by highops
I called the Exec Line with a question about whether the AU accounts on Lounge Club would auto renew their Lounge club memberships (they will) and thought to ask about whether they are going back to Priority Pass. The representative said they were. I asked about roll out date and she was unsure.
Oh goody. Cause Lounge Club is Priority Pass Jr. and the lounges that PP has that LC doesn't irks me.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:09 pm

Few questions that I couldn't find answers to in this thread or in the RC forum. Apologies if discussed previously and I missed it.

1. Can the free nights be booked online or do you have to call to book them? Does it vary whether your account is an RC account or a Marriott account? If you have to call, should any nights that are available for using points be available with the certificates?

2. Any recent experiences with the resort fees at Aruba when using the certificates? I read one post saying it wasn't charged on an award stay but then an MMS post mentions the 14% fee being added to paid and award stays. Not sure how that would be calculated on an award stay.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:14 pm

Few questions that I couldn't find answers to in this thread or in the RC forum. Apologies if discussed previously and I missed it.

1. Can the free nights be booked online or do you have to call to book them? Does it vary whether your account is an RC account or a Marriott account? If you have to call, should any nights that are available for using points be available with the certificates?

2. Any recent experiences with the resort fees at Aruba when using the certificates? I read one post saying it wasn't charged on an award stay but then an MMS post mentions the 14% fee being added to paid and award stays. Not sure how that would be calculated on an award stay.
I was able to attach my certificates to my reservation when I booked it online. Didn't have to call to use them.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:13 pm

What constitutes a paid stay?

My wife and I are looking at using the two free nights at Half Moon Bay but I'd also like to get the Club Level upgrade. If we stayed four nights (with two of them being paid) would this be a "paid stay?" I've looked everywhere and can't see where they define what a paid stay is.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Cornbread85
My wife and I are looking at using the two free nights at Half Moon Bay but I'd also like to get the Club Level upgrade. If we stayed four nights (with two of them being paid) would this be a "paid stay?" I've looked everywhere and can't see where they define what a paid stay is.
Can't use the club level upgrades with the free night certs unless the hotel is willing to bend the rules (which I doubt, since the premium between a regular room and club room is normally $100+)
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:03 am

Any idea if you could just pay to upgrade to the club when using the two free night certificates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.