Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:46 pm

Just confirming passes and welcome kit arrive about 3 weeks after the card.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:20 am

My wife got a targeted 70K offer in the mail, which says it is available until June 26, 2017. She is currently at exactly 5/24, and will drop to 4/24 on July 10, 2017.

Any thoughts on her likelihood of denial under the 5/24 rule if she applies in June? Would it be best to go to a branch and see if she's pre-approved?
Old May 5, 2017, 9:35 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by zap98139
My wife got a targeted 70K offer in the mail, which says it is available until June 26, 2017. She is currently at exactly 5/24, and will drop to 4/24 on July 10, 2017.

Any thoughts on her likelihood of denial under the 5/24 rule if she applies in June? Would it be best to go to a branch and see if she's pre-approved?

I"d go to the branch and see if she's preapproved. Otherwise, she is likely to be denied. There's some debate over when EXACTLY the 24 month hits. It might be July 10, or later in July. It does not appear to be a strict 365 days.

You would have 30 days to call recon under a denied app, so if you applied on 6/26, and got denied for 5/24, that could give you until 7/26 to review the app with Chase. So you'd be gambling that the the 24 month period would be up before the app gets stale and needs another HP to reapply.

It's all pretty tight, though... first I'd try a branch pre-approval, then, it's up to you.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
So I would basically be buying miles at a rate of $0.0014 per mile.
miles have zero value if you cant use them. you also need to take into account if your award travel is 50k miles you are really only using 50kmiles. the 20k remainder maybe stranded until you can burn them off.

That being said the card is good for the occasional traveler with no status, as it gets you into group2 boarding. Ever since checked bags cost something its a bit of a mad max scene during boarding that this now has value.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I"d go to the branch and see if she's preapproved. Otherwise, she is likely to be denied. There's some debate over when EXACTLY the 24 month hits. It might be July 10, or later in July. It does not appear to be a strict 365 days.

You would have 30 days to call recon under a denied app, so if you applied on 6/26, and got denied for 5/24, that could give you until 7/26 to review the app with Chase. So you'd be gambling that the the 24 month period would be up before the app gets stale and needs another HP to reapply.

It's all pretty tight, though... first I'd try a branch pre-approval, then, it's up to you.
Thanks for the advice, and interesting point on the recon period. I'll report back with what happens in June.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Applied and was approved for this card with 70K/$3K/+5K for AU

Currently at 3/24 and the last card applied was the CSR back in Feb of this year.

I just hope Chase won't see me as a heavy churner (because I'm not) and close all of my Chase accounts
Old May 17, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Applied and was approved for this card with 70K/$3K/+5K for AU

Currently at 3/24 and the last card applied was the CSR back in Feb of this year.

I just hope Chase won't see me as a heavy churner (because I'm not) and close all of my Chase accounts
Only 3/24 and 3 months between applications? Shaking in my boots You should be fine!
Old May 19, 2017, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by raytseng
miles have zero value if you cant use them. you also need to take into account if your award travel is 50k miles you are really only using 50kmiles. the 20k remainder maybe stranded until you can burn them off.

That being said the card is good for the occasional traveler with no status, as it gets you into group2 boarding. Ever since checked bags cost something its a bit of a mad max scene during boarding that this now has value.
I don't really have any use for this card apart from getting the high signup bonus. Not planning on redeeming miles either anytime soon.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:07 pm

I don't really have any use for this card apart from getting the high signup bonus. Not planning on redeeming miles either anytime soon.
You can always transfer in UR points to get more miles (if you fall short of another award) as long as you have any of the premium Chase cards.

Chase Unlimited actually earns more UA miles if transferred than the UA Explorer lol.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by the188
Chase Unlimited actually earns more UA miles if transferred than the UA Explorer lol.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:23 pm

I might be interested in this card primarily for the extra availability & reduced miles required for award tickets. I also like the 2 checked bags free. However, is it true that you have to pay for flights with the united card to get the two checked bags? For me that is a huge turn off because I would rather just book with my Chase CSR for 3x points or my Amex Plat. Some say that the card is worth the AF for the greater availability and reduced mileage requirement.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555
I might be interested in this card primarily for the extra availability & reduced miles required for award tickets. I also like the 2 checked bags free. However, is it true that you have to pay for flights with the united card to get the two checked bags? For me that is a huge turn off because I would rather just book with my Chase CSR for 3x points or my Amex Plat. Some say that the card is worth the AF for the greater availability and reduced mileage requirement.
Are you talking about domestic? If so, the Explorer card only gives two bag free. The Club card gets two.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Only 3/24 and 3 months between applications? Shaking in my boots You should be fine!
Thanks for the comforting words! :-:
Old May 22, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Unlimited earns 1.5 UR/$. 1 UR = 1 MP. Unlimited therefore earns 1.5 MP on anything.

As opposed to the MileagePlus Explorer card, which only earns 1 MP on anything (besides United flights, but use a CSR for those if you want UR/MP).
Old May 27, 2017, 8:16 pm

Is the 70k + 5k + $50 offer gone? My acc just shows that I'm targeted for 70k + 5k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.