Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:40 pm

This is through United, not Chase (there is a difference). The deadline is April 30, 2016. There is a link, but requires you to log in to your United account to see the customized offer.

Here is the link

Originally Posted by axsuul1
Went into a Chase branch today and they said there is no 50k offer for the consumer Explorer card. Did the deadline already pass?

Is that offer transferrable by any chance?!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:57 am

My wife got targeted through the mail a couple days ago.

I was targeted in February, met my spending limit in a couple weeks, and the bonus just posted to my Chase Account a few days ago.

UPDATE: The miles posted to my United Milage Balance today, which was 3 days after my first months closing date.

Last edited by Flamenguista; Mar 9, 2016 at 11:06 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:10 pm

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but after MileagePlus logging in, I keep getting a 30,0000 mile offer. A 5K bonus for adding a user and a 10K bonus for sopending $25 K.

Am I missing the 50,000 mile offer??
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but after MileagePlus logging in, I keep getting a 30,0000 mile offer. A 5K bonus for adding a user and a 10K bonus for sopending $25 K.

The 50,000 is a targeted offer only, meaning it's not advertised to everyone. The 30,000 offer is what they show on their websites and all ad spaces.

I live in an area with a small United presence, so I never was a miles member with United. I decided to open one, and I was targeted for the 50k offer in a month. I thought this was a trend, and told my wife to open a MilagePlus account. In exactly 1 month, she was targeted for the same offer.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom

If you earn a few miles in your Mileageplus account, it often seems to trigger the 50K offer. That worked for me recently after just 4 or 5 days, but so far, it hasn't worked for my husband. Still hoping.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:46 pm

I just got 50K miles offer by email with $2000 spending in 3 months, 5K miles additional user. It triggered after I earned some shopping miles.

Before this email, I saw 30K miles offer ad with $50 statement credit.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/30k50AFWIC

Last edited by Crosi; Mar 26, 2016 at 9:56 am Reason: wrong digit :(
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:13 am

URL Not Working?

I received a targeted offer for 50K +5K after $2000, but when I went to apply for it today, the URL is not working. In fact, I can't get unitedexplorercard.com or theexplorercard.com to load at all. Anyone else seeing this?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by MrMcLargeHuge
I received a targeted offer for 50K +5K after $2000, but when I went to apply for it today, the URL is not working. In fact, I can't get unitedexplorercard.com or theexplorercard.com to load at all. Anyone else seeing this?
Other than the fact that it's showing me only a 30K offer , it's working fine from here.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:17 am

It's Now Working

Originally Posted by beltway
Other than the fact that it's showing me only a 30K offer , it's working fine from here.
They must have been having issues this morning, because it's now working. Applied and approved.

Beltway, I received two offers via mail. I just used one, but here's the link for the other (expires May 15): unitedexplorercard.com/AMA5

Give it a try.

EDIT: And on the chance it still works, here's the other I received and used myself (expires April 15): unitedexplorercard.com/AFE5

Last edited by MrMcLargeHuge; Mar 22, 2016 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:45 am

I just got a confirmation email of account approval, with no mention of the 30,000 bonus miles.
If I am eligible for the bonus, would it have said so in the email? Or only in the printed mailed welcome letter that is still yet to come?

( been a while since I had a Chase card, and I was unsure of last time I opened card / received a bonus)
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:44 pm

I recently found and applied for a 50k +5k au but no $50 for 2k spend. I found it as a banner ad on one of the monthly statement email they sent me. Google Mail puts these in the promotion tab by default. I only saw 30k when I try dummy booking and I haven't earned any miles in over 6 months so this is possibly another place to look.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I found the 50k+5k+ $50 after 1st purchase offer while making a dummy booking in United.com:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k5...ate=2015-11-17
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:43 am

I can confirm that the 50k + 5k is alive and working when applying in person at a Chase branch. There was no $50 credit on this offer though. Not all branches seem to allow you to sign up for this card. I walked in one location and they would not sign me up for the card. They told me to sign up online. I went to a slightly larger branch and they had no problem signing me up for the 50k + 5k offer.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:46 am

Thanks for trying to provide working links! Can't get anything to work, including a dummy booking. I deleted history, but maybe they recognize our ISP? Today, I see an offer for 30K and a $50 statement credit. My husband does have a recent mileage posting, so I guess they don't like him.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by mareh
Thanks for trying to provide working links! Can't get anything to work, including a dummy booking. I deleted history, but maybe they recognize our ISP? Today, I see an offer for 30K and a $50 statement credit. My husband does have a recent mileage posting, so I guess they don't like him.
Nothing worked for me including booking flight, flying united, and trying with multiple browsers. I then transferred 1k UR points to my United account and the next week the 50th offer popped up for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.