Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by findark
False - only Premier members who also hold a UA branded Chase card are eligible for complimentary upgrades on award tickets. Only other exception is Global Services.
The Chase card requirement only applies to First, right? I can have no card as a Silver and get into Comfort Plus?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by vg247
For all status but 1K it does have the PQD waiver as you may already know about however.
Really? I didn't know that... or does apply when a certain amount of is spent on the card?

You have to spend $25,000 on it during a calendar year for it to waive the PQD, right?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by vg247
Interesting and good to know, I've always been upgraded under my status as a 1K and my colleagues have been upgraded as premiers. We all have/had the Explorer card and it never seemed to have any benefits towards our upgrades.
This is only applicable when flying on an award ticket. If you are flying on a paid ticket, then the card will not affect your upgrade chances. But if you were on an award ticket without having the Explorer Card then you would just not be eligible for a CPU at all.

Originally Posted by msp3
The Chase card requirement only applies to First, right? I can have no card as a Silver and get into Comfort Plus?
Correct. You have your normal elite access to Economy Plus when on an award ticket, with or without the card.

Originally Posted by thebob6
Really? I didn't know that... or does apply when a certain amount of is spent on the card?

You have to spend $25,000 on it during a calendar year for it to waive the PQD, right?
If you spent at least $25,000 on the card it will waive the PQD requirement up to Platinum. You still need 12,000 PQD to make 1K.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:18 am

first year annual fee?

Are any of these offers waiving the first-year $95 fee? Last I looked two years ago, that was the norm. I'm not seeing anything about fee waiver in my offer details.

UA grabbed by interest with the 50k offer after I have been seeing 30k for several months. I'm back in the window for the sign-up bonus (have received bonus for this card two times in the past) so I've been watching for it.
The targeted links redirect to the original offer I see.

My offer does not list any statement credit benefit either. I have a hard time with the idea of paying money to make points.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:14 pm
FTA

Got a targeted flyer for 50K/$2000 waived AF. I applied and was denied because of 5/24. Called reconsideration and still denied. Anyone approved after calling multiple times?

Last edited by FTA; Feb 26, 2017 at 6:21 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:33 pm

I can see the 70K offer after logging into my UA account, but I doesn't say the expiration date. Someone says it's 3/15. Anyone can confirm?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by FTA
Got a targeted flyer for 50K/$2000 waived AF. I applied and was denied because of 5/24. Called reconsideration and still denied. Anyone approved after calling multiple times?
Nope. All you can do is come here and commiserate with the rest of us about why Chase consistently teases us with offers, only to deny us.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:53 am

FYI, new MP member, zero miles accrued, first UA flight after registering was yesterday. This morning I had an email from MP offering me 70k bonus plus 5k AU bonus. Email says apply by 3/31.

I won't be purchasing flights on anything but a corp Amex, but I think I'll jump on this to get a jump start on some miles!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by madmike283
FYI, new MP member, zero miles accrued, first UA flight after registering was yesterday. This morning I had an email from MP offering me 70k bonus plus 5k AU bonus. Email says apply by 3/31.

I won't be purchasing flights on anything but a corp Amex, but I think I'll jump on this to get a jump start on some miles!
Very cool, thanks for sharing your experience. May I ask how long ago you signed up for MP membership? I've been yearning for the 70k offer, but only seem to get the 50k offer at every turn
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:52 am

I joined MP on 2/12. I didn't have any Chase cards until I was approved for CSR a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:20 am

How do you get the 2 passes per year. Do they come in the mail?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by dmo580
How do you get the 2 passes per year. Do they come in the mail?
United Club passes? Yes, mail
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:12 pm

got the same applied for new ua membership about 3 weeks ago, and just logged in ua account to see a 70k offer!!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Chase In-Branch pre-approval for over 5/24?

I know Chase has in-branch approval for some of their cards and this can skirt the 5/24.

Any data points on the United or other Non-Chase cards show up for these pre-approvals?

I'm due to cancel mine or bite the bullet and pay $95 to get checked bags and two passes. I probably fly United once a year so it's close to a wash...tho I do use and enjoy my passes.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan
United MileagePlus Explorer Card help.

Hello,

I applied online for the UA MP explorer card last week, and instead of instant approval it said it would notify me of the results of my application through US Mail.

Usually, that means the account was rejected. However, I just got an email from MileagePlus (not Chase) welcoming me to MileagePlus with a FF# and link to set up my online account at UA. I was reading through the documents of the Chase MP Explorer Card and it sounds like if you are not approved, you will not be signed up.

I still haven't received any documents from Chase, nor any emails. Have any of you had this experience while signing up? I think it is a sign I was approved, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I have a credit score of 704 last time I checked last week, and reading around shows a credit range they accept is generally in the 720+ range. So I am hoping I squeaked by...

I included the area where it discusses this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.