Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:22 pm

I'm way over 5/24 and want to apply to IHG card (because the 70K offer expires today and I'm afraid it will join 5/24) together w/ United (since it supposed to result in one hard pull) Do I have a chance? I've been "targeted" by united for 50K snail mail and see only 50K in my account. I don't think Chase "knows" that I was targeted by United. I have my only checking account w/ Chase for many years but never got preapproved offers from chase (and I'm opted in for receiving such offers). I have Southwest cards from Chase and Ink plus. Can you suggest if I should apply to some Chase cards? Thanks very much!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by avagyan
I'm way over 5/24 and want to apply to IHG card (because the 70K offer expires today and I'm afraid it will join 5/24) together w/ United (since it supposed to result in one hard pull) Do I have a chance? I've been "targeted" by united for 50K snail mail and see only 50K in my account. I don't think Chase "knows" that I was targeted by United. I have my only checking account w/ Chase for many years but never got preapproved offers from chase (and I'm opted in for receiving such offers). I have Southwest cards from Chase and Ink plus. Can you suggest if I should apply to some Chase cards? Thanks very much!
People have very limited success getting two approved on the same day. But higher chance avoiding 5/24 with targeted snail mail offer, if you have some sort of offer code. I'd apply for IHG first since 5/24 does not apply, and then try the targeted mailer and hope you are preapproved.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by aza72
People have very limited success getting two approved on the same day. But higher chance avoiding 5/24 with targeted snail mail offer, if you have some sort of offer code. I'd apply for IHG first since 5/24 does not apply, and then try the targeted mailer and hope you are preapproved.
Actually there is evidence that these mailers are not leading to approvals if you are over 5/24.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:42 pm

hello, and sorry if this has been discussed recently.

has anyone had success being matched to the 70k+5 offer from recently being approved for the 50k+5 offer? The response from chase is it cannot be matched as one offer (70k) charges and AF but the 50 k offer does not.

I have called and dm'ed them and no dice. I have been a bit peeved as I have received the 70k offer in the mail about every 2 weeks the past 6 weeks a full 10 weeks after having been approved for the 50k offer. Obviously, I cannot use this 70k offer as I have already have the card at 50k and am not eligible. I have raised the issue with chase and they blame UA for not knowing I have the card (they do, i have xn space). Either way i find it to be poor taste to send offers(chase, ua, either) to people that are not eligible to receive them, especially BETTER offers after I had a "limited time offer" that apparently cannot be matched.

what is chase doing? as a customer I will remain peeved and think about that every time i use a credit card for NBS.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:01 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Has anyone had their miles post yet after successfully hitting the spend requirement? I just hit my spend requirement yesterday.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by moops380
hello, and sorry if this has been discussed recently.

has anyone had success being matched to the 70k+5 offer from recently being approved for the 50k+5 offer? The response from chase is it cannot be matched as one offer (70k) charges and AF but the 50 k offer does not.

I have called and dm'ed them and no dice. I have been a bit peeved as I have received the 70k offer in the mail about every 2 weeks the past 6 weeks a full 10 weeks after having been approved for the 50k offer. Obviously, I cannot use this 70k offer as I have already have the card at 50k and am not eligible. I have raised the issue with chase and they blame UA for not knowing I have the card (they do, i have xn space). Either way i find it to be poor taste to send offers(chase, ua, either) to people that are not eligible to receive them, especially BETTER offers after I had a "limited time offer" that apparently cannot be matched.

what is chase doing? as a customer I will remain peeved and think about that every time i use a credit card for NBS.
I agree. I wasn't mailed the offer, but it shows up in my United account even though United's systems clearly know I have the card (I see the extra saver availability, get the higher rates on United shopping portal, etc). Why are they offering me a targeted 70k offer when they already know I have (and just got) the card? Chase denied my match request that I sent a few days after the 70k offer was released, saying that it was only for people who responded directly to that offer.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by aza72
Thanks, the problem is that these "targeted" snail mail united offers don't have any unique code. it's just a link from the wiki with no special codes or anything like that...

I also would prefer to be targeted by United with some sort of pre-approved guarantee. They should stop sending these flyers knowing that many of their targeted customers have no chance of receiving the offer because of 5/24

I decided not to apply for neither of the cards and hope that IHG wont join 5/24 cards
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Irish80
Actually there is evidence that these mailers are not leading to approvals if you are over 5/24.
+1. A friend of mine received a few mailers for the SW card. Although he was already over 5/24, he applied anyway. Chase rejected him and said that he had opened too many accounts recently.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:26 pm

I have received the mailer and applied last week. I received the rejection by mail yesterday for too many accounts opened.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:43 pm

I was approved for the ua card about 2 months ago, I certainly had applied for more than 5/24 (supposedly the rule was in effect then).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
I was approved for the ua card about 2 months ago, I certainly had applied for more than 5/24 (supposedly the rule was in effect then).
Chase expanded the 5/24 policy on May 22--that is, about 5 weeks ago.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:39 am

I applied for the MPE and after 1 day it got approved with 25k CL. The next day I got a targeted mail with a better offer i.e 50k for 2k spend. Will chase match 50k for 3k spend with full annual fee and 50$ statement credit to 50k for 2k spend with no annual fee?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by nameis
I applied for the MPE and after 1 day it got approved with 25k CL. The next day I got a targeted mail with a better offer i.e 50k for 2k spend. Will chase match 50k for 3k spend with full annual fee and 50$ statement credit to 50k for 2k spend with no annual fee?
Send a SM and they will let you know. For me they matched me on the IHG card but took away my statement credit. They will let you know.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:38 pm

Statement closed on June 18. Any idea when the 50k bonus will post to my UA account?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by the5nowman
Statement closed on June 18. Any idea when the 50k bonus will post to my UA account?
I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.