Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Mileage Plus Explorer Card (2016)

Moderator work complete. Welcome to the new MPE Personal card thread. Specific discussion on the business card should be directed to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...50k-miles.html

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 20, 2016 at 8:27 pm Reason: Moderator work complete
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:38 pm

I just canceled my card before the fee kicked in. I have 4 non expired United Club passes from the Explorer card. Are those worthless now or can I still use them even without being a card holder?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I just canceled my card before the fee kicked in. I have 4 non expired United Club passes from the Explorer card. Are those worthless now or can I still use them even without being a card holder?
There's no reason why you can't use them. I just received my anniversary passes in the mail yesterday. My AF is due to post in a few weeks and I plan on canceling the card.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
There's no reason why you can't use them. I just received my anniversary passes in the mail yesterday. My AF is due to post in a few weeks and I plan on canceling the card.
Have you used these passes before? Do you need to present your card or anything like that?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Have you used these passes before? Do you need to present your card or anything like that?
You just need to present the pass; no card necessary. If you do a seach on Ebay or elsewhere, you will see that most if not all the passes offered for sale are from Chase.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by rihc55
yeah, 30k for me once i sign in :[
ditto...keep checking hoping for it to change but not happening. if anyone has any tricks to get the increased offer please share. Now at 25 months since I last received this bonus so ready to do it, just not for 30k
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by aza72
When does the 10K bonus post? Confirmed that I had spent 25K and got the PQD waiver, but the bonus miles didn't show up with the last statement.
I am curious to know this as well, since it's now Feb and no 10K bonus yet. According to my Chase calendar year-end summary, I spent $26,419 in 2015. However, if I look at my United Mileage Plus statements, the monthly Explorer Card miles post mid-month and from Jan 14 to Dec 14, the total is only 24,076 miles. I will be mighty pissed if they are not using the actual calendar year to calculate the spend....
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by wwu123
I am curious to know this as well, since it's now Feb and no 10K bonus yet. According to my Chase calendar year-end summary, I spent $26,419 in 2015. However, if I look at my United Mileage Plus statements, the monthly Explorer Card miles post mid-month and from Jan 14 to Dec 14, the total is only 24,076 miles. I will be mighty pissed if they are not using the actual calendar year to calculate the spend....
I am waiting for my bonus to post as well, my next billing cycle is in about a week...lets see...this is what i found in terms and conditions..you should be good...

For your first year as an Explorer cardmember, calendar year means the period beginning with your enrollment date through December 31 of that same year. Therefore, you will have from your account open date through December 31 to earn the one-time bonus in your first year. Please allow up to 6 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify for bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus account.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:49 am

Pretty sure the answer is no judging by my preliminary research, but I figured I would ask here anyway.

If I book a ticket for someone else who is not an AU with my MileagePlus Explorer, then can they still get the free checked bag benefit?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:07 pm
Suspended

No, primary must be traveling.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:05 pm

Any speculation on when the 50K public offer will return? Seems like it was in spring last year. Need to get this card for my wife pretty soon given upcoming travel and hoping to time it close to 50K offer so Chase will match the bonus.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How soon after approval will the benefit packet (namely the two club passes) arrive? I was approved about 20 days ago, got the card 10 days ago, and met my spending requirement already, but still haven't gotten the 2 club passes.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
How soon after approval will the benefit packet (namely the two club passes) arrive? I was approved about 20 days ago, got the card 10 days ago, and met my spending requirement already, but still haven't gotten the 2 club passes.
Mine took a little over a month after approval
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Yes, a month or so.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:48 am

I just hit the spend threshold on both the business and personal versions of this card. What is a reasonable expectation as when the points should post to United?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.