Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How does mileage points in chase cards work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

From my understanding, with the chase points, if you choose to redeem for airline tickets, you have to book the flight through their ultimate rewards site. Is that correct?

If so, how do the prices compare to the official airline sites, or 3rd party sites like Expedia? Are availability the same? Are there any negatives or positives in booking through the site(besides using the points)?
I do an international trip once per year, so I want to make sure that there are not any restrictions before I apply for a card
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

There are two distinct ways to use Ultimate Rewards points for air travel.

You can use points directly to purchase paid airline tickets through Chase's own booking portal. That option is discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html

Alternately, if you have a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus card you can transfer points to some airline frequent flyer programs, and redeem through those programs for award tickets. That option is discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html

Which option you choose will depend on the specific route, date, class of service for your trip. You will need to compare the cash price of a ticket to the rate for an award ticket (if available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.