Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink Plus - Hulu, Netflix, Sling, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

We are looking into the Chase Ink Plus card and are wondering if streaming services such as Hulu, NetFlix, Sling, etc. fall under the Cable/Telecome earns 5x points" category.

Anyone say for sure?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
if you pay Sling through Dish Network it might.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:47 pm

it does earn you 5% with sling directly but beaware sling is a crap! I tried this for months and it got worse. It was better when it used to be dishworld. The sling app is horrible. very low volume on most channels, constant bufferings, turns off itself and on some channels, you can't watch previous shows. Horrible and ignorant customer care. No refund when you want to cancel if you already paid.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:49 pm

Easy way to do it is to get the gift cards from office supply stores. This is one of those charges you don't have to worry not having CC purchase protections.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
it does earn you 5% with sling directly but beaware sling is a crap! I tried this for months and it got worse. It was better when it used to be dishworld. The sling app is horrible. very low volume on most channels, constant bufferings, turns off itself and on some channels, you can't watch previous shows. Horrible and ignorant customer care. No refund when you want to cancel if you already paid.
Been using it for a few months.. no problems as you describe.

Thanks for the info on the card - 5x points on $20 isn't much, but every little bit helps.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by tbradnc
Been using it for a few months.. no problems as you describe.

Thanks for the info on the card - 5x points on $20 isn't much, but every little bit helps.
Maybe you don't use sling? Check what everyone else is saying about Sling on their facebook page.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Asked and answered so we'll close this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.