Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:57 pm

Hi guys

I'm at 4/24 with all four being within the past year (dec/Jan: chase, prestige, premier) and last month I grabbed the 70k Chse MPE.

is chase sensitive to this many recent chase approvals?

I've got my recon script ready: I plan to close my citi cards after the major rug pull and want a product to replace it with. Then offer to reallocate credit. I do t intend to lower any limits pre-emotively.

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What do you mean you're at 8/24 according to CK? The 8 refers to cards that show on your credit report with "opened on" dates in the past 24 months, plus any Chase business cards that don't show on your credit report.

For example, any Amex (the bank) cards you applied for prior to about March 2015 don't count, because they almost certainly have backdated "opened on" dates to whenever it was that you applied for your very first Amex (the bank) card ever.

Business cards don't tend to count (except those from Chase) because Chase can't see those on your credit report.

Cards which were opened in the last month or two might not be showing on your credit report yet, and thus also wouldn't count.

Does CK (I presume you meant Credit Karma) show you all that detail?

(Remember, Chase's 5/24 does not use pulls / inquiries. It's not that simple to count without poring over an actual credit report.)
What I mean is that in the past 24 months, I've opened 8 (now 9 with FU) new credit card accounts, according to the info provided in my credit report from Credit Karma.

As mentioned, I have no AMEX cards opened prior to 03/2015 besides one in 2007. I see on my CK report that the 09/2015 and 11/2015 are separate 'new accounts' with those exact open dates.

As mentioned, I don't have any business cards.

I didn't open any cards in the last month or so (last one before the FU was 11/2015).

CK (yes, Credit Karma) does show me when my credit cards were opened.

No, the dates / accounts I mentioned are definitely new accounts and not inquiries. There is a separate page to check how many inquiries I have. which is not that 8 figure I pulled for the last 24 months.

Last edited by pritomd; Jul 26, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Hi guys

I'm at 4/24 with all four being within the past year (dec/Jan: chase, prestige, premier) and last month I grabbed the 70k Chse MPE.

is chase sensitive to this many recent chase approvals?

I've got my recon script ready: I plan to close my citi cards after the major rug pull and want a product to replace it with. Then offer to reallocate credit. I do t intend to lower any limits pre-emotively.

Thanks
Yes, Chase is sensitive to # of Chase cards you have. It's also YMMV. I'd wait at least 31 days between Chase apps. Two months would be even safer. JMHO.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:57 pm

Does the 5/24 rule apply to employee card? I just got an employee card of Chase Ink recently. Is an employee card from business considered an authorized user from personal card?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ttsai
Does the 5/24 rule apply to employee card? I just got an employee card of Chase Ink recently. Is an employee card from business considered an authorized user from personal card?
Is it reporting on your credit reports?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
I just got it last week. I think I might need to wait 1 or 2 months to see if it reports on my credit report.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:22 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
Business cards don't report on your credit report. The snag would be that Chase can certainly see what Chase cards any individual would have.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Yes, Chase is sensitive to # of Chase cards you have. It's also YMMV. I'd wait at least 31 days between Chase apps. Two months would be even safer. JMHO.

Thanks a lot. I'm ok to wait. I don't have an immediate need for the points. But I would want it just in case the 100k is temporary. Hopefully they keep it around until December so I can app and double dip on any airline credit.

In the mean time I need to get a retention offer for my UA club card.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by maxmnx
Well over 5/24. Responded to a targeted snail mail offer for the Ink, and was declined for "Too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years".

Called Reconsideration and said why did you send me the letter asking me to apply? She said that it was not a pre-approval, and the marketing department does what they want.
Did your ink invitation contain an RSVP code and the "prescreened" language? If it did, it is almost certainly a "preapproval"

Last edited by medellinfein; Jul 29, 2016 at 12:25 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:06 pm

Need help on re-applying for CSP

I received my initial 40k point bonus in August 2014. I would like to cancel the card and reapply to get the bonus again from Chase. Can I do this in September or should I wait till December/January to try again?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Opened up a new business account today for the $500 chase bonus. Approved. Then I decided what the heck, let's try for an Ink since the business has its own EIN number. I told the Chase banker about the 5/24 rule and he said he'll see what he can do to push it through.

Offer was 70k for $5k spend. Have a couple international trips coming up so would be easy to hit.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:07 pm

Applied for Fairmont card last night on both mine and dh's name. They were approved this afternoon (called) and we are well past 5/24.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by diseased
Applied for Fairmont card last night on both mine and dh's name. They were approved this afternoon (called) and we are well past 5/24.
With Accor buying Fairmont, the future of this card is very cloudy...so, if you know what you are doing and want to experience two free nights in a nice Fiarmont, I would probably move it up on the target list.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
With Accor buying Fairmont, the future of this card is very cloudy...so, if you know what you are doing and want to experience two free nights in a nice Fiarmont, I would probably move it up on the target list.
I suppose—if you've already gotten a Hyatt card and/or plan traveling somewhere that has Fairmont but not a high-end Hyatt. Otherwise, 2 free Hyatt nights for $1K spend (vs $3K for Fairmont) seems like a better ROI.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Business cards don't report on your credit report. The snag would be that Chase can certainly see what Chase cards any individual would have.
Forgot that business cards don't report on my credit report. But since Chase know I have Ink employee card, does that mean it applies to 5/24 rule?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.