Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:11 pm

Just a follow-up.

Chase said that the card in question is not active and was cancelled back in 2009. When a card is cancelled they do not remove it from the online account so that the card holder can still access the records.

The rep. deleted my card from the online account and said it is now gone.

I expect I'll wait a couple of days and apply again.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:43 am
Suspended

Wiki updated to expand & improve the list of co-brand cards for which there are reports of successful post-5/22 applications despite the applicant being at/over 5/24.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So is there any consensus as to whether or not targeted e-mail offers for the SW and MR cards are immune to 5/24? We got some, but I don't want to pull the trigger unless there are at least some positive data points.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
On Chase Sapphire Preferred, I referred my aunt. Can she add me as authorized user since I referred her? Will that raise a red flag with Chase?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
On Chase Sapphire Preferred, I referred my aunt. Can she add me as authorized user since I referred her? Will that raise a red flag with Chase?
Hope not. Did the same with my husband and Marriott.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Choice Privileges, Marriott, Best Western
I am at 6/24, though that includes two store cards, one of which is as an AU. Also two of these were in June 2014.

I applied for Chase SW Prem on 6/12. Got pending notice. Showed up in my chase account today (6/30).

FYI.

Last edited by hoffmisc; Jun 30, 2016 at 6:37 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoffmisc
I am at 6/24, though that includes two store cards, one of which is as an AU. Also two of these were in June 2014.

I applied for Chase SW Prem on 6/12. Got pending notice. Showed up in my chase account today (6/30).

FYI.
Well, then how do you know you're at 6/24? What's counted is credit cards that show up on your credit report with an "opened on" date in the past 24.x months. (Plus any Chase cards that were opened in the past 24 months that don't show up there.) If you haven't looked at your credit report around the same time, you can't really know what your count is, if you're not sure which cards show on your credit report (and with valid "opened on" dates*).

How many actual cards you opened does not determine that count. Only how many cards Chase will see matters.

It's pretty obvious that you were not over 5/24, because anyone who clearly is over 5/24 has been denied as of late for Southwest cards.

* I bring up valid "opened on" dates because any Amex cards applied for before March 15, 2015 were backdated by Amex to whenever you got your very first Amex card ever. And thus to Chase they don't look like cards opened in the past 24 months. And there are a number of cards that don't show up on credit reports at all.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Choice Privileges, Marriott, Best Western
I checked my credit report - that is how I came up with the stats. That is what Chase looks at, so that is what I looked at. Rocket science.

You didn't ask me - you just assumed I didn't and took the time to tell me in bold that I must be an idiot.

I have gotten a lot of great info from many helpful contributors to this site. Thanks to those folks. And I was trying to share my personal experience in return.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
I checked my credit report - that is how I came up with the stats. That is what Chase looks at, so that is what I looked at. Rocket science.

You didn't ask me - you just assumed I didn't and took the time to tell me in bold that I must be an idiot.

I have gotten a lot of great info from many helpful contributors to this site. Thanks to those folks. And I was trying to share my personal experience in return.
Thanks for the info! Any chance that your opened accounts in the past 24 months are showing differently on different credit reports? Hypothetically, let's say your Equifax report for some reason shows 4 accounts but your Transunion acount shows 6. If Chase only pulled Equifax and you only viewed Transunion, it could result in the situation you've encountered... Just a thought...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:44 pm

I applied for UNITED MPE and it went into further review. Next day I was able to see it in my account and they said it was approved but cant ship the card right away because of partner verification which can take 7-10 days. They dont tell who exactly is that partner. My guess is UNITED!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:57 am

Since you've applied for a United card it would be rather odd if the partner in question was not United...
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:50 pm

FYI.

Ok....so let me get this straight: On June 30, 2016 you claim that you are approved for a SW card while at 6/24, even though you go on to say that 2 of these cards were opened in June 2014. Unless you opened both of those cards on June 30, 2014 you are clearly NOT @ 6/24 as of 6/30/16. Chase gave you the initial pending decision, which means they didn't take a full look at your application until, possibly, 6/30 (when new card showed up in your account). No need to get aggro at SD when they're just pointing out the truth - you clearly are not under the 5/24 restriction, by the fact that you received the SW card.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Thefirst
Ok....so let me get this straight: On June 30, 2016 you claim that you are approved for a SW card while at 6/24, even though you go on to say that 2 of these cards were opened in June 2014. Unless you opened both of those cards on June 30, 2014 you are clearly NOT @ 6/24 as of 6/30/16. Chase gave you the initial pending decision, which means they didn't take a full look at your application until, possibly, 6/30 (when new card showed up in your account). No need to get aggro at SD when they're just pointing out the truth - you clearly are not under the 5/24 restriction, by the fact that you received the SW card.
That post is useful because it's never been clear how the previous 24 months are measured? Is it literally 730 days, or is up to the first day of the previous 24 named months or do you include the current month in the 24? People may be counting differently which might explain some of the reports.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm right at 5/24, if I include an AU card, so I was going to wait a bit longer to apply for the CSP. However, I am now "pre qualified" for CSP on Chase site when I was not pre qualified for any cards over the last 6 months. I just dropped to 5/24 yesterday. Wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait anoth 60 days for that AU to cycle off.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of assumptions, you assumed that I bolded the main point for you. No, I bolded the main point so for anyone who's coming to this thread and hasn't read much yet (just clicks "last page" and quickly scans it), this important point would jump out at them.

Yes, I was replying to you, but it was a not a private message. Replies to someone in a public forum are not just to that person, they're visible to everyone else too, and so I write them with both audiences in mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.