Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Thought I would try an experiment and go into branch and see about 70K offer (no preapproved cards showed at branch)
The only way around 5/24 in branch is using a preapproved offer.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
IMHO, don't waste your time (or inquiries) on hoping that you can beat the 5/24 thing by applying in branch. 'Cause I just tried and got the too many accounts letter.

Actually, I applied online for an INK (and I have a real biz with a real license) with a 60K bonus. Got a too many accounts letter denying my app. Thought I would try an experiment and go into branch and see about 70K offer (no preapproved cards showed at branch). At first the rep told me there was no 70K offer but checked with mgr who said old offer had just been extended. So, I applied (different real biz with different real license), no instant approval which surprised rep--few days later--denied for too many cards.

I note that I have three other Chase cards presently open and an excellent credit score. And I also have a Chase checking account which has been open for a year or so.
Did you apply using your SSN?

What if I get a separate EIN?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:32 pm

If I meet my 5k spend in 2 months and see the 70k bonus posted in the 2nd statement but then get a $1000 credit, does Chase take away the points?

2nd question - same scenario but credit occurring after 90 days of opening the card

Thx
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
If I meet my 5k spend in 2 months and see the 70k bonus posted in the 2nd statement but then get a $1000 credit, does Chase take away the points?

2nd question - same scenario but credit occurring after 90 days of opening the card
Why are you (or would you be) getting a $1,000 credit?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Why are you (or would you be) getting a $1,000 credit?
Credit due to return on an appliance
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Credit due to return on an appliance
Never, ever a good idea. Avoid at all costs.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by beltway
Never, ever a good idea. Avoid at all costs.
Agree, but sometimes one has no choice. Some businesses will only refund to pymt card used.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Agree, but sometimes one has no choice. Some businesses will only refund to pymt card used.
The point is that if the refund takes you below the required spend threshold, you should not expect a bonus. Spend more.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:09 am

IMHO, don't waste your time (or inquiries) on hoping that you can beat the 5/24 thing by applying in branch. 'Cause I just tried and got the too many accounts letter.

Actually, I applied online for an INK (and I have a real biz with a real license) with a 60K bonus. Got a too many accounts letter denying my app. Thought I would try an experiment and go into branch and see about 70K offer (no preapproved cards showed at branch). At first the rep told me there was no 70K offer but checked with mgr who said old offer had just been extended. So, I applied (different real biz with different real license), no instant approval which surprised rep--few days later--denied for too many cards.

I note that I have three other Chase cards presently open and an excellent credit score. And I also have a Chase checking account which has been open for a year or so.
It sounds to me that you weren't actually pre-approved, yet were using the in branch public offer. I am way way way over 5/24, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25/24 and specifically asked the banker "Am I PRE-APPROVED for the Ink+?" when I went in to open the $500 business checking offer. I was, I applied, and was approved within 24 hours. This was only 6 weeks ago. Pre-approval gets you around the 5/24, just using in branch offers does not.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:17 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by perkunas

Don't know. Try an app with a separate EIN and let us know what happens.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by perkunas

-I started a corporation this year
-Filed incorporation documents with the State of California
-Applied for and received an EIN from the IRS
-Opened a new Chase performance business checking account in-branch, with EIN+SSN
-Listened politely while that same banker pitched CPC. Told him I might do CPC if we can expand the relationship, did not commit
-Was told I was not pre-approved
-Deposited over $10k in funds in Chase checking account
-Waited a few weeks
-Applied for Chase Ink+ with in branch offer, despite not being pre-approved, with EIN+SSN
-Completed special consideration form documented here: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...consideration/
-Currently awaiting decision, automated line tells me 7-10 days response.
-I'm hoping for approval but I fear I will be declined
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
That's helpful. My DW applied in-branch and I could have sworn she said the Chase rep who helped her stated "No AF the first year," but it already hit the card.

All the offers I saw online did not feature the AF waived for year one, so I'll have to swing by a Chase branch and see what can be found.
After reading post 1131, I decided to drop by a local Chase branch to see what could be seen. I didn't notice anything on display/publicly available regarding the Ink card, so I asked an employee of the branch if there was anything available. The employee returned with a "Chase for Business" document-- not really a flyer or pamphlet, more like a multi-page brochure-- and sure enough, on the page pertaining to the IP card, it plainly states the AF is waived the first year.

So I SMed Chase from my DW's account, asking them to explain why they charged the AF. They replied that the AF is waived only for cards applied for in a branch. I replied that the card *was* applied for in the branch, and they forwarded the message to someone higher up the food chain. I'm waiting for the reply.

Originally Posted by Post 1131
[...]Applied for Ink Plus using EIN as sole prop. (banker was surprised there's a 70k promo instead of 60k, also note that the big flyer on the table says no annual fee first year)[...]
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:40 pm

Cool Confirmation of 70k bonus upgrade from 60k

So about a week ago I called Chase CustSvc phone number on the back of my new Ink Business+ card, which was approved for 60k bonus, and indicated to the rep on the phone that I had seen the 70k bonus at a branch and would like to upgrade my bonus. The rep indicated that they would put my app in and I would hear via snail mail about the decision.

Today I received the snail mail.
"
Thanks for your interest in the 70,000-enrollment bonus points. You will quality for this bonus by spending $4,000 on new purchases within three months.

Once you have met the $5,000 spending requirement in the allotted timeframe, please contact us. We will make the offers comparable by adding an additional 10,000 points to your rewards balance.
"

Sounds like the min spend on the offer was 4k/3mo for 70k bonus. My offer was 5k/3mo for 60k bonus. I'll edit later with an update, hitting that 5k spend in the next day or two...

::EDIT 04aug2016:: Min spend completed before 1 bill cycle from card open. Received 60k UR in account at end of that 1st bill cycle. Talked to CS today and should see an additional 10k UR added within next week or two.

Last edited by FlyinStone; Aug 4, 2016 at 3:19 pm Reason: UPDATE
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
[...]So I SMed Chase from my DW's account, asking them to explain why they charged the AF. They replied that the AF is waived only for cards applied for in a branch. I replied that the card *was* applied for in the branch, and they forwarded the message to someone higher up the food chain. I'm waiting for the reply.
Update: by SM Chase directed my DW to go to the branch and take it up with them.

Update #2: Branch-based banker put in some kind of request, AF was refunded.

Last edited by zippy the pinhead; Aug 6, 2016 at 4:49 pm Reason: Updated again
Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:57 am

When I applied to this card in branch back in May I got a folder with all the paper work and explanation of all their business offerings (checking/savings/credit cards). One of those pieces of paper which were signed when applying states the terms of the offer (70K and AF waived). Check your documents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.