Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:12 pm

Instant Approval

I've been laying off apps for a few months in anticipation of trying for the Ink, though it may not have mattered. I've gotten 10-12 new cards in the last 24 months, saw the 5/24 rule was coming to business products and decided to take a chance. Recently closed both SW Plus and Premier when AFs came due, so that probably helped with limits.

Was prepared for the recon call but got instant approval. Actual business with $950K/yr in revenue.

Last edited by xenophile; Feb 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm Reason: clarity
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by takeshi74
They don't but, as Happy said, they definitely consider both business and personal when considering one's total exposure.

Nope. Ink Cash is no AF but it cannot transfer UR points. You'd need to have another UR card that can transfer.
??

So ink cash Card can not transfer points to UR?

I am not getting. So what do people do with the earned points then?

Sorry if it is a stupid question..
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by misterno
??

I am not getting. So what do people do with the earned points then?

Sorry if it is a stupid question..
Ink Cash is a cash back rewards card. You can't transfer the cash to UR points and then to travel partners unless you have a UR earning card, as in Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred. If you don't you can use your 'points to buy gift cards, get cash deposited to your bank account or book travel thru the Chase travel portal.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Irish80
Ink Cash is a cash back rewards card. You can't transfer the cash to UR points and then to travel partners unless you have a UR earning card, as in Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred. If you don't you can use your 'points to buy gift cards, get cash deposited to your bank account or book travel thru the Chase travel portal.
This is incorrect. Ink Cash still earns UR points. You just can't transfer them without CSP to go with it. It is similar to Freedom in that sense.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by runb4fun
This is incorrect. Ink Cash still earns UR points. You just can't transfer them without CSP to go with it. It is similar to Freedom in that sense.
They may be called UR points but its still nothing but a cash back card until you pair it with the CSP or Ink Plus. Sure, you can use the cash back to buy gift cards or book travel, but it's still cash back. Exactly like the Freedom card. Not sure why you bolded that I called it a cash back card. That's what Chase says it is.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:21 am

The Ink Cash accrues UR points. You don't transfer them to UR. They're already in UR. What you can't do is transfer them to travel partners for higher rewards value.

So what do people do with the earned points then?
Redeem for cash back or whatever other options are available. I don't recall off the top of my head as I have a CSP I use it to transfer. Take a look at the site for details as it has such info. Click on the Offer Details link:
https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...card?CELL=6494
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by takeshi74
The Ink Cash accrues UR points. You don't transfer them to UR. They're already in UR. What you can't do is transfer them to travel partners for higher rewards value.

Redeem for cash back or whatever other options are available. I don't recall off the top of my head as I have a CSP and can use it transfer.
So if I need the points to travel then I need any Chase Bold and Chase Sapphire

Is this correct or there are other Chase cards that pays 5x in supply stores?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jalabi99
...do you think it would hurt if I used an EIN to apply for the Ink Plus instead of using my SS#?
You use a EIN in addition to your Social Security Number, not instead. Chase still knows who you are, the other cards you hold, the application is approved based on your personal credit report and score, and you are personally responsible for the debt.

So if I need the points to travel then I need any Chase Bold and Chase Sapphire
Ink Bold is discontinued. There are now two Ink cards: Plus (annual fee), Cash (no annual fee). Both participate in Ultimate Rewards, both earn bonus points at office supply stores, but they have different bonus caps. If you want to transfer points to Ultimate Rewards airline or hotel partners you must hold at least one card which carries an annual fee:

• JP Morgan Palladium
  • JP Morgan Select (discontinued)
  • Ink Bold (discontinued)
  • Ink Plus
  • Sapphire Preferred
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mia
You use a EIN in addition to your Social Security Number, not instead. Chase still knows who you are, the other cards you hold, the application is approved based on your personal credit report and score, and you are personally responsible for the debt.

Ink Bold is discontinued. There are now two Ink cards: Plus (annual fee), Cash (no annual fee). Both participate in Ultimate Rewards, both earn bonus points at office supply stores, but they have different bonus caps. If you want to transfer points to Ultimate Rewards airline or hotel partners you must hold at least one card which carries an annual fee:

• JP Morgan Palladium
  • JP Morgan Select (discontinued)
  • Ink Bold (discontinued)
  • Ink Plus
  • Sapphire Preferred
So what you are saying is if I want to earn points and make 5x and transfer them to an airline I need to get a card with a fee. It is not possible with a no fee card. Is that correct?

Also I have Ink Business Plus card which I paid 95 dollars/year. I guess I did the right thing.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... transfer them to an airline I need to get a card with a fee. It is not possible with a no fee card. Is that correct?...
Correct. It isn't necessary to hold an Ink Plus or Sapphire Preferred continuously, but you must have one at the time of the transfer.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:21 pm

to reiterate what has been said:

Freedom, Ink Cash, Ink Plus, Ink Bold, Chase Sapphire, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Morgan Palladium, and Morgan Select earn UR.

If you only have no AF cards (ex: freedom, Ink Cash, Sapphire) , you still earn UR points. However, you can't use them towards travel until you get one of those AF cards (ex: Ink Plus, Sapphire Preferred).

In order to transfer, like mia said, you need to have one of those AF cards at the time of transfer.

Afterward, you could just downgrade them. I think it is viable to upgrade/downgrade between Sapphire and CSP as needed.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:15 pm

I applied for lnk plus last Wednesday(02/04) and got the contact message after filling up online app. I did not have knowledge of this threads existence and called them like a 'real noob' :-(.
After 10mins of brief questioning by CSR , I was told that everything is in good standing but stated that I have too much credit with Chase(Freedom-10kCL, CSP-30K United-25kCL), she said she need another senior analyst to look into it.
Asked me wait for 30-days for written reply or call in after 3 B-days to know the status.
It is more than 3 days and I called automated line and the auto repsonse is to wait for 30 days.
Any advice, should I call in or just wait out.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maheshmvsr
I applied for lnk plus last Wednesday(02/04) and got the contact message after filling up online app. I did not have knowledge of this threads existence and called them like a 'real noob' :-(.
After 10mins of brief questioning by CSR , I was told that everything is in good standing but stated that I have too much credit with Chase(Freedom-10kCL, CSP-30K United-25kCL), she said she need another senior analyst to look into it.
Asked me wait for 30-days for written reply or call in after 3 B-days to know the status.
It is more than 3 days and I called automated line and the auto repsonse is to wait for 30 days.
Any advice, should I call in or just wait out.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, maheshmvsr.

You might want to right now reduce the credit limit on those CSP and United (and even Freedom) cards to only what you need (for example, about 3.5 times the highest monthly statement amount you envision having).

Having "too much" total credit limit at a bank is a very easy way to get denied for a new card at that bank. You should pro-activly reduce credit limit on any cards you have at a bank where you plan to apply for a new card, as soon as possible because it can take a while for the free'd up credit limit to become available for new cards.

I don't know if it'll help with this application or not, but I don't see how it can hurt, and if you need to call recon after a possible denial then it may help you (to have done that now) at that time.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:30 pm

So what you are saying is if I want to earn points and make 5x and transfer them to an airline I need to get a card with a fee. It is not possible with a no fee card. Is that correct?
Your question is answered in detail in the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html. (For the record, the wiki above -- that is, in the current thread -- contains a link to this other resource. Reading wikis is good for you.)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by jalabi99
I got a CSP a few days ago. Now I want to get the Ink Plus. A few questions:

You can get an EIN from the IRS for free and pretty much automatically via the online form. You don't actually need one as a sole proprietor, but do you think it would hurt if I used an EIN to apply for the Ink Plus instead of using my SS#?
A partially related question...does anyone know whether there's any ramification in getting one or more EIN as far as taxes or other things outside of the credit cards scope? Like if you register for an EIN then either register for a (not actual) business with the county or not. Will IRS look for or expect business income just due to EIN registration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.