Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old May 22, 2017, 4:11 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
2% at gas stations and restaurants...1% cash back ...
Despite the name, INK Cash is not a cashback card. It earn Ultimate Rewards points which can be combined with the points earned using other Chase cards, and the points are easily worth more than $0.01 each.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
Despite the name, INK Cash is not a cashback card. It earn Ultimate Rewards points which can be combined with the points earned using other Chase cards, and the points are easily worth more than $0.01 each.
It is subject to 5/24 however... At least I think it is. And I'm wayyyy over 5/24 at this point.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:53 am

For those that leverage 5x Ink categories at office supply stores, is there any anecdotal evidence that supports NOT maxing the Ink Cash $25k 5x cap with gift cards (regardless if it's AGC/VGC or a whole foods GC)? Does Chase have any way of seeing the details of the transaction and whether or not it's a gift card or a bunch of binders?
Old May 22, 2017, 1:57 pm
Suspended

It is subject to 5/24 however... At least I think it is. And I'm wayyyy over 5/24 at this point.
Yes and I just explained how to get around that.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
Yes and I just explained how to get around that.
I've also heard Chase is strict with business card applications. Some have reported having to send in their tax information just to get approved. I don't send card issuers that kind of stuff, it's annoying. If AMEX ever did that to me, I'd just close the accounts. Too much competition out there to deal with ridiculous financial reviews.

I'm gonna speculate here but if it looks like I'm using the card for personal purchases, they may pull the rug too.

Chase UR also doesn't have any lucrative partners for my lifestyle. I have an airport near me but it doesn't have Southwest as a partner. I have a Starwood Preferred Guest/Marriott/Ritz Carlton card which also transfers to programs like AmTrak and 30+ other airlines so I really don't have any use for their hotel cards.

I think I'm gonna pass. My favorite airline transfer partners are AA, Jet Blue, and Delta, all of which are covered by my Starwood, AMEX EDP, and Citi Thank You Premier.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:56 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

...I have a Starwood Preferred Guest/Marriott/Ritz Carlton card which also transfers to programs like AmTrak and 30+ other airlines...
That's OK for now, but when Starwood Preferred Guest is merged into Marriott Rewards it's possible (I would say likely) that the 1:1 airline transfer ratio will not survive. The suggestion is to lay the groundwork now so that you may be able to earn bonuses on Chase business cards later this year, or in 2018.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
That's OK for now, but when Starwood Preferred Guest is merged into Marriott Rewards it's possible (I would say likely) that the 1:1 airline transfer ratio will not survive. The suggestion is to lay the groundwork now so that you may be able to earn bonuses on Chase business cards later this year, or in 2018.
I still have EDP at 1:1 with Delta. If my Starwood card is nerfed that much it won't survive, and then I may look into the Chase business card again, but don't see any lucrative partners to transfer to.

I would like to know how to start this "fake business," though, like the above poster (George Lopez) said.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Does Chase have any way of seeing the details of the transaction and whether or not it's a gift card or a bunch of binders?
Every bank has the ability to see all the details of the things bought with a credit card.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:17 am
Suspended

I've also heard Chase is strict with business card applications. Some have reported having to send in their tax information just to get approved. I don't send card issuers that kind of stuff, it's annoying. If AMEX ever did that to me, I'd just close the accounts. Too much competition out there to deal with ridiculous financial reviews.
I've applied for countless Chase cards, personal and business, over the past 5 years, and not a single time has Chase ever asked me to send in docs.

I'm gonna speculate here but if it looks like I'm using the card for personal purchases, they may pull the rug too.
Negative. I used all of my business cards to buy bacon cheeseburgers at Portillos and have never even so much as received a phone call or email from Chase about it.

Chase UR also doesn't have any lucrative partners for my lifestyle. I have an airport near me but it doesn't have Southwest as a partner. I have a Starwood Preferred Guest/Marriott/Ritz Carlton card which also transfers to programs like AmTrak and 30+ other airlines so I really don't have any use for their hotel cards.
United isn't a lucrative partner for you? You don't enjoy being able to redeem miles across all the Star Alliance partners? Interesting.

You couldn't use free points at Hyatt? I find that hard to believe. I just cashed in a ton of Hyatt points for a week stay at the Park Hyatt Maldives. My girlfriend was through the roof ecstatic when I told her.

I would like to know how to start this "fake business," though, like the above poster (George Lopez) said.
It's not necessarily a fake business. Just go to a site like Inc Now and you can register an LLC in Delaware. Super cheap stuff and this will give you the EIN and you can then take your docs to Chase, open a business checking account. Once the business account is approved, wait a month or two, and you should have pre-approvals for both the Preferred and Cash cards.

Magic.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:08 am

United isn't a lucrative partner for you? You don't enjoy being able to redeem miles across all the Star Alliance partners? Interesting.
Nope, because they have a bad track record. I rarely use flights out of JetBlue, and Delta would be the backup.

You couldn't use free points at Hyatt? I find that hard to believe. I just cashed in a ton of Hyatt points for a week stay at the Park Hyatt Maldives. My girlfriend was through the roof ecstatic when I told her.
Perhaps but not at the expense of my Starwood membership.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:34 am
mia

United isn't a lucrative partner for you? You don't enjoy being able to redeem miles across all the Star Alliance partners?
Nope, because they have a bad track record. I rarely use flights out of JetBlue, and Delta would be the backup.
The suggestion is not to fly on United Airlines, but rather to use UA miles for flights operated by other Star Alliance carriers.

Transferring UR points to Hyatt for an award stay will have no effect whatsoever on your relationship with Marriott/Starwood.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Every bank has the ability to see all the details of the things bought with a credit card.
I was more specifically wondering about AGC vs store GC. I guess it doesn't matter to Chase as long as you're not cycling through your credit on a monthly basis.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
The suggestion is not to fly on United Airlines, but rather to use UA miles for flights operated by other Star Alliance carriers.

Transferring UR points to Hyatt for an award stay will have no effect whatsoever on your relationship with Marriott/Starwood.
I don't travel internationally, just domestically.

Using spend on Hyatt when it could be going towards Starwood Points doesn't make sense either (at least I think). You do make a good point about possible Starwood changes but I haven't been able to find solid information about what the rumors/leaked information is.

At that point I may look into Hyatt instead of Starwood.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:32 am

It's not necessarily a fake business. Just go to a site like Inc Now and you can register an LLC in Delaware. Super cheap stuff and this will give you the EIN and you can then take your docs to Chase, open a business checking account. Once the business account is approved, wait a month or two, and you should have pre-approvals for both the Preferred and Cash cards
It's just a way to get a credit card....it's still a fake business with no intention to provide goods or services.

At that point I may look into Hyatt instead of Starwood.
Hyatt has a small footprint....why not get a Marriott card and stick with Marriott/Starwood?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
It's just a way to get a credit card....it's still a fake business with no intention to provide goods or services.

Hyatt has a small footprint....why not get a Marriott card and stick with Marriott/Starwood?
This thread has actually made me think about starting a small side business again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.