Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I don't have a Bold, but since you do seems like you can compare the 2 yourself. Even calling Chase and asking them may lead to an offer towards the AF.

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Originally Posted by exarkun
Most people are able to get the Bold AF waived or reimbursed by calling retentions (it may take several attempts)
This would be my main reason.
Thanks to everyone! I called and they gave me a credit for the AF. I asked about the differences between the Bold and Plus, and the CSR said that the Bold had a flexible spending limit. That's about it.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I kept the Bold for a second year because i got AF credited (i had just gotten the Ink plus). When i couldn't get a retention offer the following year, I cancelled the Bold, but kept the Ink Plus.

The reason I kept the Plus instead of the Bold was because when I applied for a new business card (SWA and UA), they wouldn't let me move credit from the Bold since there is no "fixed" CL, but I was able to move some CL over from the Ink Plus to get the SWA and UA business accounts approved.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I would have tried to downgrade the Bold to the no fee Ink Cash, rather than cancelling.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I would have tried to downgrade the Bold to the no fee Ink Cash, rather than cancelling.
Why?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
The annual is coming up. Is there any reason to keep the Ink Bold (I just got the Plus)? Any benefits the Bold has over the Plus? I wouldn't mind keeping the Bold if, for some reason, it makes me a better Chase customer (i.e., better chance of UR card approvals). I understand the Bold is no longer offered, so this is why I am asking. Thanks!
There is no great reason to keep the Bold, since you just got the Plus, unless you want to "age" your credit history a bit.

Thanks to everyone! I called and they gave me a credit for the AF. I asked about the differences between the Bold and Plus, and the CSR said that the Bold had a flexible spending limit. That's about it.
Now that you decided to keep the Bold do you have any followup questions?

Last edited by philemer; Jul 14, 2015 at 11:21 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Bold v Plus

The annual is coming up. Is there any reason to keep the Ink Bold (I just got the Plus)? Any benefits the Bold has over the Plus? I wouldn't mind keeping the Bold if, for some reason, it makes me a better Chase customer (i.e., better chance of UR card approvals). I understand the Bold is no longer offered, so this is why I am asking. Thanks!
From noobtraveler.com comes this explanation for the differences between the two cards: The only real difference between the two cards is that the Ink Bold is a charge card, and the Ink Plus is a credit card. This means the Ink Bold will not have a set spending limit, giving you spending freedom when using your Bold. But, you must pay off your balance in full at the end of every billing cycle.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I can give you 250K reasons every year...
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I can give you 250K reasons every year...
Most people aren't spending $50k at office supply stores.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Most people aren't spending $50k at office supply stores.
Not sure why not...

But I'm glad. More Park Hyatt availability for me and our churn team!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:18 pm

If I have an existing ink plus with business A can I get a bonus for another ink plus for business B with applications being appx 4 years apart or do I need to close the first one?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:52 pm

Chase ink strategy

folks

i have a chase ink business card and want to cancel because of the annual fee. Can I move the UR points to a sapphire card and still be able to book travel using chase UR site?

Also, at a future date, can I simply open a new INK card and be able to transfer the sapphire points back to chase ink to avail of transfer benefits?

Thx
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
folks

i have a chase ink business card and want to cancel because of the annual fee. Can I move the UR points to a sapphire card and still be able to book travel using chase UR site?

Also, at a future date, can I simply open a new INK card and be able to transfer the sapphire points back to chase ink to avail of transfer benefits?

Thx

I have heard Chase will give points and /or $$$ off the annual fee.

I only ay one other AF ( IHG) and INK looks like it will be #2. Verizon and my cable bill are 5 x points ($300 months) so that is 18,000 points I can transfer to Southwest...........well worth $95 IMO

I also buy a gift card here and there at 5 x points
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Ink can generate enough points to pay both CSP & Ink AFs.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:31 am

I really don't think it's worth canceling the card. As mentioned by mhdena, the ink is completely worth it as it's easy to generate points through msing.

Furthermore, Chase has recently enacted stricter restrictions on cards. Chances are if you ms/apply to a lot of cards, you won't be able to get the card back again.

Personally I hate annual fees. However out of the like 5 fee cards I have, this is the only one I plan on keeping (maybe one other card too. I'm debating it.)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I have had CSP and Ink Bold and I know my points have accumulated over time on both cards. I'd suggest opening CSP before cancelling Ink Bold and get the UR account synched to both cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.