Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can a holder of the United MP Award Card test something for me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

Can a holder of the United MP Award Card who does NOT have any other MP card test something for me?

Note that this NOT the Explorer, Select, Club, nor Presidential card.

This is (I think) the no fee card that Explorer's can be downgraded to if desired. Descriptive link of what I'm describing is here, although no discussion about the fee.
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ewards-new.htm

Can someone log into their MP account and test the availability of a hypothetical LAX > LHR flight for say March 2016 using miles?

and then log out, and do the same?

I'm trying to see if that card gives any improved availability like the Explorer for awards tickets. I doubt it...but there are commenters on various blogs who claim it does, which seems weird to me.

PS: I've noticed a big difference in the flights I was searching (North Am to Europe r/t) when logged in (with an Explorer card attached to the MP #) vs. not. For an unadvertised benefit its impressive.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:18 am

I'm interested in the answer to this too, but I don't think that's the no-fee card. My understanding is that the no-fee downgrade card only offers 1 mile per every $2 spent, while the Awards card offers 1 mile per dollar spent.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Yes I think you're right. Chase don't seem to be pushing the Awards card.

Anyone holding this card and no other MP card?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:20 pm

Interesting, I saw someone with this card today (I work in a service industry). Thought to myself, "I've never seen that card before." I'd be interested in knowing as well. I have the MP Explorer so I can't test it for you. I'm ditching it when the AF is due. If you can get this card and get that benefit (which is nice), I'd definitely apply for that one.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:48 am

The card you are referring to appears to be called the "United Rewards" Card, and there's no public information about it online that I know of. I don't have it though so hopefully someone who does can provide more info.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:08 am

I've been trying to get an answer to the same question for a few weeks. The Explorer card allows access to XN fares, which is helpful if you don't have status.

http://www.milevalue.com/the-united-...ggest-benefit/

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer if the no annual fee mileageplus card allows the same access.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:11 am

I've got the no fee card (downgraded from the Club card). Below are the results:

Logged In

Logged Out

Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Gunner14
I've got the no fee card (downgraded from the Club card). Below are the results:

Logged In

Logged Out

I can't see on mobile, but do you have status ? I'd assume they wouldn't release seats to card holders that they didn't release to Premier members.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:55 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I can't see on mobile, but do you have status ? I'd assume they wouldn't release seats to card holders that they didn't release to Premier members.
I have status and logged in to do the same search. I see different results logged in than just posted here. When logged out, I see the results the previous poster showed.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew

Nope, no status on UA anymore.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:15 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Gunner14
Nope, no status on UA anymore.
So clearly the Awards card does not convey anything
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:16 pm

thanks guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.