Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Card for Flight Purchases?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Best Card for Flight Purchases?

Am about to drop about 10K on airline tickets, which card is the best to use? I have a CSP which I think I will use or would you recommend AMEX SPG?

Your thoughts?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Am about to drop about 10K on airline tickets, which card is the best to use? I have a CSP which I think I will use or would you recommend AMEX SPG?

Your thoughts?
CSP.

Two reasons:
1) Amex SPG only gets 1 point per dollar on airfare, while CSP gets 2. I doubt anyone values Starwood points that much higher.
2) Also, Citi and Chase have better built-in travel insurance than Amex, although read the T&C before you rely on that.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:02 pm

If you have other cards, I would suggest you look at Amex PRG instead of Amex SPG. In the meantime Citi Prestige and Premier may also be a good choice.

As far as CSP and SPG are concerned, I would say CSP for sure.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Doesn't it depend on what you want to do with your accumulated miles and / or points? Look at the airlines and hotels to which UR and SPG transfer. Look at the transfer rates. Then you will have make an informed decision.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:23 pm

Yup -- redemptions matter as well as earn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.