Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase bag allowance if using UR Points for Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Thinking of using UR points for booking flights on United. Have the Presidential Plus card. Anyone have experience if the bag allowance will be given if you purchase with UR points? What if I purchased most with UR points but paid $25 in cash when I book?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
You used to have to use the UR card to pay a portion in cash (Chase wouldn't let you change to another card). So, that wouldn't work.

You used to be able to buy the flight in any way and get the baggage allowance, but I think United has made reality reflect the stated rules.

So, I think the answers to both questions are no.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:25 pm

So you'd purchase via the UR portal instead of transferring to United? If you transfer you can get the bag allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.