Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase sent app to fraud dept and asked for copy of my ID ...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton

Applied for Chase card. Got pending. Was directed to fraud number. Told me they want copy of ID. ...? How does that prove anything. Told me that it is to ensure my identity hasn't been stolen.

I mean if it was would I have spotless credit. And if it was, wouldn't the guy with the balls to call recon, have the ID to boot to send to them...honestly seems like I'm getting dumber and dumber the more I have to talk to recon and play this game.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:27 am

That's weird. I had to call the fraud department for two Chase apps and they just questioned me over the phone.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
If someone hacked your e-mail, a database, found your SSN off of some old document, stole your mail, or was digging through your garbage it is highly unlikely they would also have your ID to copy. Not guaranteed proof that you are really you, but it is more reliable than just a phone call. If it was the first attempt at ID theft, then yes - you would have spotless credit. You would continue for probably 60-90 days even if they opened 10 accounts as it would take that long for them to report and go delinquent.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Okay. Makes sense. I greatly value this forum for knowledge just like this. Now I feel ignorant :I
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:13 pm

I just went through this a month ago. I went into my local branch and had their banker check my ID and fax it to the fraud department. I haven't heard anything back so I think I'll just submit another app.

I did ask the fraud department guy if I should be concerned about my other four credit cards and my bank accounts and he said it was only about the credit app. That part really didn't make sense to me.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by pstravels
I mean if it was would I have spotless credit.
You might, you might not depending on the specifics. It really doesn't matter. Do you want the card or not?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:20 pm

I went through the same thing last week.

They asked for fax of ID and utility bill.

I faxed it in 15mins later. Still waiting for them to process it. Almost a week now.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Sent in the stuff. Fingers crossed
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pstravels
Okay. Makes sense. I greatly value this forum for knowledge just like this. Now I feel ignorant :I
No need to put yourself down....as you said we share our knowledge here at FT.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Chase sent a letter requesting this on DH's app (from March). Mailed the requested docs 2 weeks ago. We called last week and were told that the Fraud Dept. were reviewing the docs and would let us know the results. Not sure why it takes so long to review a drivers license and utility bill...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by alvinroast
...a month ago. ... I haven't heard anything back ...
Originally Posted by monkeycard
Still waiting for them to process it. Almost a week now.
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Not sure why it takes so long to review a drivers license and utility bill...
Sounds as if the department has a substantial backlog of work. This suggests that the criteria used to select applications were recently altered, and many more applicants are under review.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
wow did you all have existing account? or all new customers?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:23 am

could it be possible that you entered some info wrong on the application by mistake? i entered by address wrong by mistake during my last AOR and went through the same thing. took about a month to resolve the issue and get the card.

on a similar note, does anybody know if having that wrong address on my credit report will cause a problem in the future? i logged into credit karma and that address shows up.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
wow did you all have existing account? or all new customers?
I've had plenty of Chase cc accounts as well as a checking account going back over 10 years.

In my case it could have something to do with Experian merging my dead brother's credit report with mine a few months back , but they have since fixed it. I had specifically waited until after it was fixed before applying for any new cards.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
DH has IHG (3 years old), Ink+ (2 years old) and Freedom (4 mos old). During first call, we authorized Chase to move $5k from IHG card to open this but the app had already been sent for further verification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.