Reallocating credit lines for massive - BT?

Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Reallocating credit lines for massive - BT?

Anyone have any experience with chase doing this. I'm slightly hesitant to even call to ask about it in fear they will see that big FAT AMEX BLUE card that was closed and take some sick adverse action. FICO = High and HHI = high...

Thoughts?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:59 pm

I think the most BT they will do is 15k -- you have a BT larger than that?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:16 pm

I've done this. I've moved all the credit I could to one card. The max that I could have on the card was 35k.
Then with the balance transfer checks that they send me, I wrote myself a check or two or however many you need and then bam! %0 offer for like 13/14 months. Then immediately start paying it down so you don't get caught with your pants down when the offer ends. Chase didn't say anything.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
What Chase cards are offering a 0% BT option right now?

I have CSP, Freedom, United Club, Ritz and Palladium and am not seeing anything.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
What Chase cards are offering a 0% BT option right now?

I have CSP, Freedom, United Club, Ritz and Palladium and am not seeing anything.
United MP, Slate for me......though probably targeted
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
When I got my Slate I was able to reallocate from an IHG card to get my limit up to $20K. I only took $14K as I didn't want to blow up my utilization to 100% on any one card for credit report purposes. IIRC, they actually asked me if I would like to reallocate.

I consistently get checks on my Chase Disney for 0% for 12 months for a 2% fee. Looks like my Southwest card is offering the same right now.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tev9999
When I got my Slate I was able to reallocate from an IHG card to get my limit up to $20K. I only took $14K as I didn't want to blow up my utilization to 100% on any one card for credit report purposes. IIRC, they actually asked me if I would like to reallocate.

I consistently get checks on my Chase Disney for 0% for 12 months for a 2% fee. Looks like my Southwest card is offering the same right now.
I have a 0% offer on my Fidelity Amex and also on my Discover. Problem is that both of those cards have good cash back opportunities (2% cash back on the Fidelity and 5% categories on Discover), so I don't want to tie up my CL on those if possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.